• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Help! Front Panel Audio Ports +SBA2

Chomp

Gawd
Joined
Sep 16, 2003
Messages
547
I have an Antec Sonata Case which has front headphone and mic ports, and I have a SB Audigy 2.

I would like to hook up the front ports to the audigy if possible. The pin connectors coming from the front are labeled as follows, with what I assume they are used for:

AUD GND (Ground)
FPOUT - L (Output)
FPOUT - R (Output)
RET - L (Input)
RET - R (Input)
MIC (Microphone)
MIC-BIAS (????)


Is there any way I can hook this pins up to the Audigy so I can have Front Panel audio inputs?
 
Yea, replace the jacks in the case with some from FrontX or rewire them so they plug into the card.
 
So I can't use the pins that I have now?


What exactly would I need to rewire, or what would I need to get from frontX to do this?
 
Originally posted by Chomp
So I can't use the pins that I have now?
Nope, there is no documentation of the pinouts on the Audigy2 card.
Were are you going to hook the pins?

Originally posted by Chomp
What exactly would I need to rewire, or what would I need to get from frontX to do this?
You need a patch through jack.
One that plugs into the back of the card then connects to the case
 
You need a patch through jack.
One that plugs into the back of the card then connects to the case [/B][/QUOTE]


So can I plug the pins from my case into that, and plug the other end into the SBA2? If so, can you link me to one?
 
So can I plug the pins from my case into that, and plug the other end into the SBA2? If so, can you link me to one?
This what I mean when I say a Patch through jack.... http://www.frontx.com/cpx090.html
Do you see how it works?
You plug the jack into the soundcard and the speakers in the other jack, when you plug the headphones into the front panel jack it turns the output to the speakers off.
That's what you got to do. ;)
 
okay I see how that works, it's not what i was looking for heheh.

I do have Klipsche Promedia 5.1's and right now I plug my headphones into the volume control unit, and use an extension to plug the mic into my soundcard. I thought since my case has FP audio inputs, I could just use those, but unfortunately the SBA2 doesn't have support for FP audio ports.

Anyhow, thanks much for your help
 
Back
Top