• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Help! Front Audio Leads

stamsek

[H]F Junkie
Joined
Nov 2, 2005
Messages
15,467
I want to hook up my front Audio/Mic but I have no idea how. Can anyone tell me what plugs into what? See pic below.

audio.jpg
 
In my 5 years of building computers, I have never, ever, ever, connected the front audio jacks. Never. Why? Because there's no documentation and I simply do not have the patience to trial and error it.

With that said, I have no clue.
 
fromage said:
In my 5 years of building computers, I have never, ever, ever, connected the front audio jacks. Never. Why? Because there's no documentation and I simply do not have the patience to trial and error it.

With that said, I have no clue.

I've been building computers for about the same time and I have never done it either. But I want to now and I can't! haha. Any one know?
 
Do you really want to? Most of the time using the front ones means you cant use the rear ones( one or the other...not both).
 
So you're saying if I plug in the front audio that my motherboard supports, I in turn lose the back 5.1? Note: This is an ASUS A8N-SLI Premium motherboard with onboard audio as well. The FP in the diagram is straight from the manual where the FP mean Front Panel.
 
No.

What you should do is connect the line outs and line returns to the b line outs and line out's , then connect the ground and mic connections respectively. What this does: If you do not have a headphone plugged in, the bline out is connected to the line out pins, when the headphone is plugged in, the bline outs become grounded, and the audio signal to the rear panel jack is muted while the sound signal goes to line out pins to the l/r out jack pins to the headphones.

It also mutes the speakers when the headphones are plugged in, except it probably won't mute the surround and back speakers unless the sound card driver is built to sense the grounded Bline pins (which is the sensing state of a headphone plugged in)

Hope you can understand this...I know the explanation is a little sloppy, maybe I'll clarify it later if needed.
 
BBA said:
No.

What you should do is connect the line outs and line returns to the b line outs and line out's , then connect the ground and mic connections respectively....

Do me a favor and edit my image with some red lines with ms paint or something pointing what goes to what? :) Please.
 
Back
Top