• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Help for multidisplay setup on two X1950 pro!!!

Lio

n00b
Joined
Nov 16, 2007
Messages
6
I've already posted my trouble in other 3d because there I've seen perfectly working what I try to do.
First of all sorry for my bad english.....it's not my native language.
I have a big problem with my displays' setup and I'm arrived here at the end of a very long research!!
I'm a woman but I've always assembled my pcs. With the last one I decided to put 2 graphic adapter (X1950 pro) not for a crossfire setup, but only because for my job I need a big monitor and 2 other monitors for palette and so on....
I want to buy a 30" monitors and I already have 2 19" Multisync LCD.
The problem is that it's impossible to have both card working :(
I've installed a second X1950 Pro card. The first one is an Asus EAX X1950 pro, the second one the same card by ATI. I've uninstalled the old Catalyst (7.2) than I have rebooted and in Device manager I've found the 2 X1950 pro. Then I've reinstalled the Catalyst (7.10) e newly I rebooted. I DON'T WANT A CROSSFIRE configuration, I only need to have on the first card a 30" monitor and on the second card the two 19" monitors.
In Catalyst control panel I see now 4 icons (1-3-2-4 displays)but I see only one card listed with a monitor. If I enable the monitor (3) in the second card, I can see for a while the desktop in the second monitor, but in a couple of minute all disappear, I see line e points and then Vista (ultimate X64) crashes. (I link some screen to better explain)
When I've rebooted I've seen this warning
and this description:

Description
A problem with your video hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.
Problem signature
Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent
OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.256.1
Files that help describe the problem
WD-20071111-1929.dmp
sysdata.xml
Version.txt
Extra information about the problem
BCCode: 117
BCP1: FFFFFA800802D4E0
BCP2: FFFFF9800421F558
BCP3: 0000000000000000
BCP4: 0000000000000000
OS Version: 6_0_6000
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 256_1

If I don't attach any monitor (display) on the second card, Vista64 works fine, only if I enable the monitor on the second card Vista crashes.
I've tried with and without the two crossfire bridge molex: same effect.

I don't need crossfire but only to have 1 30" display on the first card and on the second card Other display.
I think that the problem is in the Catalyst driver because it's in that control center that I don't see the TWO card listed, while Vista device manager has both.
I see here more than one people with 3 o 4 display configuration and the one I quoted with a similar card and pc too. I wrote to ATI but it's absolutely useless: the last answer is this one:
We do not support multiple displays on two cards, both in XP and Vista The only mode we support with two cards is Crossfire (which means a single monitor is active)

If you just wish to run two displays, hook them both up to the primary card. If you are still having this Stop, or fatal error, remove the second video card.

One other thing that may reduce problems; and it's worth trying, is to reduce the amount of system memory, by removing memory panels. Consult your motherboard manual on acceptable configurations.

Another is:
In your BIOS are you set to dual PCI Exrpess card configuration?

After many test I got in Catalyst Control panel the 2 X1950 Pro, but every time I enable a monitor on the second card in a few minute Vista crashes.
So can i have to do?
I know that my english it's bad.... sorry about that, but here where I live I don't know any one and the only store here is a Future shop....... I moved here some month ago and I'm without any computer geek friends ....:D
I have assembled my pc by myself with no problem but with this situation ..... :( :confused: What can I try?
Please Help me, poor woman in big trouble!!!
Thanks so much for any help.

My configuration:

CPU| Conroe E6600 Mobo| ASUS P5W DH Deluxe RAM| Mushkin XP PC2-6400 4GB 2X2GB DDR2-800 CL4-3-3-10 VGA|2 x ASUS Radeon X1950 Pro HDD|1x WD Raptor 74GB SATA 10000RPM; 2x WD Caviar SE16 250GB SATA2 16MB; 1x WD 500GB IDE; | OCZ GameXStream 850W Case| TT Armor VA8003BWS Black Vista Ultimate 64
 
Uninstall Catalyst Control Center, only use the driver. Let windows manager your 3 screens.
 
Thanks for your reply!
But if I don't have Catalyst COntrol Center, how can I manage my monitors?
I know that the 30" display ad a very poor OSD menù and I need to have my monitors perfectly calibrated.
I don't think that all people sharing in this forum their monotor's setup (as you can see for example HERE or HERE too (note that the first one have a configuratione similar to mine) can manage their display for gaming without control panel .

I hope that someone have a similar setup and can help me
Thanks
 
As you "exe" have suggestid, I've unistalled my ATI CCC, Then I ave clen up all the driver (with DriverCleaner.net in Safe mode). After a rebbot I have uninstalled the 2 card and newly rebooted.
After then I installed the driver only version ATI (not the 7.10 but the 7-7_vista64_dd_49713- as people tell me that they are more stable).
After the reboot in Device manager I found the two X1950 pro so in display settings I've enabled the second monitor.
But :(:( in a couple of minutes my second screen began to "flip" then row and dots and Vista opens a popup to tell me that has recovered the graphic card driver.
then....blueScreen with this detail when I rebooted (after removed the second monitor on the second card)
WINDOWS HAS RECOVERED FROM AN UNEXPETED SHUTDOWN
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 4105

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 19
BCP1: 0000000000000020
BCP2: FFFFF88002798F10
BCP3: FFFFF88002799300
BCP4: 00000000053FCC7E
OS Version: 6_0_6000
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini111707-01.dmp
C:\Users\Lio\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-44397-0.sysdata.xml
C:\Users\Lio\AppData\Local\Temp\WERD844.tmp.version.txt

Read our privacy statement:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=50163&clcid=0x0409

Windows NT Version 6.0 Build: 6000
Product (0x1): Windows Vista (TM) Ultimate
Edition: Ultimate
BuildString: 6000.16551.amd64fre.vista_gdr.070828-1515
Flavor: Multiprocessor Free
Architecture: X64
LCID: 1033

I've launched the Update driver software by Vista and i get:
Update Driver Software - Radeon X1950 Pro
The best diver software for your device is already installed
Windows has determined the driver software for your device is up to date

So now, I don't have any idea :(
 
Sorry, that is all the suggestion I have. As you now know, you don't need CCC to control your second or third etc.. monitor. Nor do you need it for calibration since you have a hardware calibrator. I do understand it is best if you have a monitor where you can control the RGB colors, contrast, brightness and temp, but most of them do not.

Anyway, the last suggestion I have for you is to switch the cards around. Just to see if one is defective. You should email those people that you saw with multi displays and see how they did it. I suspect they were running under 32 bit, but I didn't check.
 
This is the last mail from Ati Customer care:
We have responded to your issue.

Your English is good.

I will restate, or rephrase my response. We cannot help you to set up
multiple displays on two video cards. We do not support this.

This does not mean it is impossible to do, only that we cannot help you
to do so.

So for ATI, no multi displays allowed, only crossfire!
Thanks for your help, I'll try a new way :(
 
This is the last mail from Ati Customer care:


So for ATI, no multi displays allowed, only crossfire!
Thanks for your help, I'll try a new way :(

Lio, sorry to hear you did not get a resolution to your problem.

I am going to suggest you do the following:

Post on craiglist or somewhere else a trade of you 2 x1950 pro for 2 geforce 7600GT.

I know for a fact that that configuration works because I was using 2 7600GTs to drive a Dell 30" and 2 Dell 20"s.

Your ATI cards are slightly faster than the 7600s but that does nothing for you since it does not support what you need them for.

I would gladly trade, but I am still using one of the 7600GTs to drive the 2 20" display, however I bought a 8800GTX for the 30".

I hope it works out for you.

BTW, have you gone to any of the ATI forums to see if anyone has gotten it to work?
 
Back
Top