• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

help fixing comp / install new video card / remove drivers

Josiah

Gawd
Joined
Oct 26, 2000
Messages
734
I am trying to put a radeon 9250 into this guys emachines t2385 (celeron 2.3ghz/80GB/512MB/onboardvideo) he already added a DVD burner and 512 of RAM. He tried to install the video card himself but said he couldn't get it to show anything. When I get it the thing wont stay on. it keeps restarting and safemode wont work either. I ran memtest86 on the new RAM he put in and there were errors right and left. The original RAM is OK. I tried to make sure it was stable before I put the video card in. But Windows took over and installed some shitty drivers. Now with the video card i can see all the icons but I have no taskbar. With onboard video I have no icons but I do have the taskbar, but i have no mouse. I can acces the start button with the keyboard but everything opens minimized and you cant even alt-tab to it. Oh and safe mode gives a BSOD. Is there some way I can hook the HDD to my comp and remove all video drivers to start fresh? Or something else I can do? Help!
Thanks!
 
Back
Top