Help finding adapter for or identifying front panel connectors for Supermicro P3DRIII

I need help finding a front panel adapter or identifying the front panel connectors for my Supermicro P3DRIII motherboard because it's a 6-pin connector, but it's not labeled and the documentation in the instructions doesn't match the description of the actual connector.

Here's a pictured of the front panel connector labeled depite being blurry and very poorly lit:

you're not going to hurt anything by trying to use a screw driver to trun it on to test for power switch or anything.

also, you can do the same to find the led headers. just plug them in one at a time each way.

or this
SupermicroP3DRIIIfrontControlPanel_zps74e85172.png

from here
https://hardforum.com/threads/supermicro-p3driii-motherboard-in-sc850.1827900/

you're not going to hurt anything by trying to use a screw driver to trun it on to test for power switch or anything.

also, you can do the same to find the led headers. just plug them in one at a time each way.

or this
SupermicroP3DRIIIfrontControlPanel_zps74e85172.png

from here
https://hardforum.com/threads/supermicro-p3driii-motherboard-in-sc850.1827900/

That's the pin diagram from the post I made for the Supermicro SC850 a while back, which I donated to the Community College I attended for 5 years to get three degrees In CNAS. However, I just recently discovered that diagram is wrong because the actual connector only has 6-pins and that is one reason I'm having problem figuring out how to use it, since I can't find an adapter for the connector and I'm having trouble show everyone on HF considering the picture is terrible and blurry.

I believe the board you have is a PIIIDR3, and what you have circled is an IR header, and not a front panel header. The front panel header should be right behind where you circled, under the IDE ribbon cable.

https://www.supermicro.com/manuals/motherboard/840/MNL-0626.pdf

Ok maybe you're right or definitely right and I don't know how I can't see it on the board in plain site either. Especially, since I remember seeing it before I switched to the the P4QH8 or P4QH6 in the SC850 I donated to the community college I attended.

Ok I found the front panel connectors in front of the IDE connectors and connected everything right, but the computer will not power on. I have all my motherboard and powersupply connectors connected too. Computer was definitely plugged in. CPU fan connectors are plugged in too. I have a plug that converts 20-pin to 24-pin and then a convertor that converts 24-pin to 24-pin and 4-pin AUX that looks like an older single AT power connector. What am I doing wrong?

Does anyone know where I can find a replacement powerswitch for a Lian-Li A71FB or front panel if that's what I need to replace the powerswitch.

Last edited:
Here's the only picture I could find that I took of this motherboard after photobucket messed up the embedding of my pictures when they decided to charge for 3rd party hosting or what they claim was just update to enable it:

xoFsSmZ.jpg

This computer still doesn't turn on, so I may have to repurpose it, which is a shame because I was really excited about seeing this work considering how good the specs are.

Back