scharfshutze009
2[H]4U
- Joined
- May 22, 2010
- Messages
- 2,079
I need help finding a way to scan to a computer from a network printer. Basically is there a way to do this at all and if so is cloud the only way to do it if it can be done that way.
I'm trying to do it for an Epson Artison 730 to a Mid 2012 Mac Pro with a Windows 7 virtual machine that shares the printer with a 2006, 2007, or 2008 Mac Pro and an potentially an HTPC if I could get my sister to stop complaining about how loud it is and that she can't sleep because of it when it's quieter than it will ever be compared to any loud computer I've ever built considering I actually used stock fans that are quiet and noise dampening material in the machine. Also, the fact that my dad exaggerates and says he can hear it all through the house.
As fair as the HTPC noise is concerned it's probably as quiet as it will ever be and when I first built it the thing used fans that were so loud that it sounded like a jet getting on the runway about to take off until I put a Corsair H80 with stock fans in a push pull setup and quiet system fans too. Another thing is the HTPC crashes alot less with the self contained Corsair H80 and everything else added to keep it cool than it did with the heatpipe thermalright it had and really loud delta fans, which I can't recall exactly which model of those it used though.
Anyway back to the printer though. It can't scan to PC while being used as a network printer and connected though ethernet as far as I know, but maybe it can scan to cloud so that the files can be accessed without having to scan to USB flash or SD and then put into the computer, but how can this be done because I don't understand what information the printer needs to tell the cloud how to find it and what the heck can I use for a cloud. I icloud and Microsoft cloud free storage garbage from external hard drives I bought, so now how to I tell the printer where to find these and how to I share the cloud with my family so they can access the cloud to retrieve their scanned files because every guide I've looked at fails to explain this in some way and guessing isn't helping?
I'm trying to do it for an Epson Artison 730 to a Mid 2012 Mac Pro with a Windows 7 virtual machine that shares the printer with a 2006, 2007, or 2008 Mac Pro and an potentially an HTPC if I could get my sister to stop complaining about how loud it is and that she can't sleep because of it when it's quieter than it will ever be compared to any loud computer I've ever built considering I actually used stock fans that are quiet and noise dampening material in the machine. Also, the fact that my dad exaggerates and says he can hear it all through the house.
As fair as the HTPC noise is concerned it's probably as quiet as it will ever be and when I first built it the thing used fans that were so loud that it sounded like a jet getting on the runway about to take off until I put a Corsair H80 with stock fans in a push pull setup and quiet system fans too. Another thing is the HTPC crashes alot less with the self contained Corsair H80 and everything else added to keep it cool than it did with the heatpipe thermalright it had and really loud delta fans, which I can't recall exactly which model of those it used though.
Anyway back to the printer though. It can't scan to PC while being used as a network printer and connected though ethernet as far as I know, but maybe it can scan to cloud so that the files can be accessed without having to scan to USB flash or SD and then put into the computer, but how can this be done because I don't understand what information the printer needs to tell the cloud how to find it and what the heck can I use for a cloud. I icloud and Microsoft cloud free storage garbage from external hard drives I bought, so now how to I tell the printer where to find these and how to I share the cloud with my family so they can access the cloud to retrieve their scanned files because every guide I've looked at fails to explain this in some way and guessing isn't helping?