Help finding a Linux/UNIX Flowchart program

I need help finding a Unix/Linux Flowchart program alternative to Microsoft Visio because I really don't want to go back to Windows if I can avoid it right now and I really want to be less dependent on that Operating System too. I know LibreOffice Draw, but I can't get a the template I need for it and all attempts have failed because it's just not available. Other than that the only other thing I've heard of is yEd and Lucidchart. Someone please help me because I really need flowcharts to help me organize my program writing and help me find bugs, but I can't find a good solid alternative for Linux and possibly UNIX as well. I'm using Ubuntu 14.4.3 LTS and looking to expand to PC-BSD 10.3 or newer.

Last edited:

Thanks, but I don't like google office programs unless I'm working in a group and trying to collaborate with other people, which I'm not doing right now. I scoped Libre Draw out again and it's not so bad after all, but I have no idea what kind of program I want to write currently anyway and that's probably what my problem is. Also, I've forgotten how to use the syntax a little too, which doesn't help either. At least now though maybe I'll get somewhere with Libre Draw and draw.io though. I don't like google office because I may need to work offline and it might prevent me from doing that, which is why I don't like chrome OS either.

Last edited:
Back