help find a case with good airflow & dust filte

prodev42

n00b
I am looking for a case that focus on good airflow and dust filter, noise is secondary and looks is not important. Can anyone recommend me one under 150$? I have done some research and narrowed it down to:

• Fractual Design's R5/C/S
  • NZXT S340 Elite /H440
  • Phanteks Enthoo Pro/Pro M /P400/P400S.
I currently have a 1080TI, system will be Ryzen 1700+Taichi X370. Going to purchase a NH-D15S for cpu cooling. Will have about 3-4 SSDs and maybe SLI 1080ti in the future. Any help is appreciated, been searching on a case for a week and need to pull trigger ASAP, thanks in advance.

Parts list - > https://pcpartpicker.com/list/J7mQWX

The Phanteks Evolv case has really bad airflow. I've owned one myself. Good looks but terrible design as far as cooling goes.

2:50 min in.

My current case is the Coolermaster master case pro 5. Great airflow, easy to clean and great dust filtration.

Last edited:
You might like SilverStone FT05 or similar cases (e.g., SilverStone also has the RAVEN series). Great airflow, great for low-noise systems, and unconventional design. There are dust filters at the bottom, and the fact that the fans blow UP should keep the system fairly dust-free.

As for your picks, I'm also a fan of Fractal Designs. I used to have a Define XL, and it was fantastic - just a lot bigger.

The Phanteks Evolv case has really bad airflow. I've owned one myself. Good looks but terrible design as far as cooling goes.

2:50 min in.

My current case is the Coolermaster master case pro 5. Great airflow, easy to clean and great dust filtration.

I'll agree with a *few* of his points, there are some things that could be better in the evolv.

With a CLC AIO cooler on a 6600K, and a 1080 Blower, neither of them hit his temp levels.

I'm biased, but Corsair 750D airflow. boo yah! [H] even reviewed this

The Noctua won't fit well in the P400/P400s. 160mm height, with 160mm clearance. The S340 will have 1mm of clearance, too close for my tastes. Have you considered a slightly smaller cooler? Maybe the Scythe Fuma, or something like that?

I'm having the same issue. I JUST bought a Mugen Max (161mm) and now I want to get the P400s, and it won't fit at all, so I'll probably have to flip it or just save it for another build. Wasted $35.

The Phanteks Evolv case has really bad airflow.

From the video you linked: "This would be a great case for air cooling. It's just really bad with radiators blocking the airflow"

Not to mention the review done here at [H] mentioned air cooling was great with this case.

From the video you linked: "This would be a great case for air cooling. It's just really bad with radiators blocking the airflow"

Not to mention the review done here at [H] mentioned air cooling was great with this case.

he also says "This case has terrible airflow" "This case was built with aesthetics in mind & functionality second, especially when it comes to watercooling". Which is what the case was mainly built for.

From my experience it was pretty mediocre, mainly because of the top ventilation & bracket design. Also, the front plate doesn't offer much air to be drawn into the front of the case.

Last edited:
Back