!!!HELP!!! "Error loading operating system"

Hi ppl, i just build a new AMD A64 system and i have a problem, I popped the windows XP CD in and made my partitions, formatted and then when it goes to install some of the files so it can boot to windows mode and fully install it gives me this error messege "Error loading operating system" and then it just hangs there. I dont know what to do i tried reformatting again but it keeps giving me the same thing.

system specs:

MSI Neo 2 Platinum (939)
AMD A64 3000+
2x512MB PC3200 Corsair XMS Platinum Edition TWINX sticks.
Seagate 80GB 8mb cache HDD
Radeon 9800PRO
Lite-On DVD-ROM

thnx all help is appriciated

What interface is your hard drive? eg IDE, SATA etc?

Is that the WHOLE error message? was it a Blue Screen?

The harddrive is IDE, there was a blue screen when it was copying the files to the harddrive, the files needed for the start and then it gives the blue screen that has al ong message that says to disable or remove any newly installed hardware.

then it says to go to safe mode but i cant cuz there is nothing installed yet.

then it says technical information:

**** STOP 0x00000007f (0x000000000000 and bunch of zeros after it)

it also says to check memory and video adapter

quote:

Your in luck my friend I had the same thing happen the other day and it took me 2 days and I did everthing u have done. Also to no avail, here is what u need to do just install windows 98 it fixes the mbr then after it was installed i just put my xp cd in while i was in windows 98 and started the install from within 98.

Make sure you install windows 98 though and not just use the 98boot disk and try fdisk/mbr because that doesnt work.

http://www.fedoraforum.org/forum/archive/index.php/t-21239.html

Back