Help: E6600 overclocked keeps freezing.

bus: 344x9= 3096mhz
rated fsb=1333mhz
ram voltage: 1.90V
cpu voltage: 1.365V
timings: 5-5-5-15

temps: 47C idle, 65C Load
anything i can do to stop it from doing that?

3 more questions:

1. do i need to change my Northbridge voltage? at stock its 1.8V the next level up is 1.83V
  2. when hitting 334fsb how much higher do i need to raise my voltage? i should be fine at stock right?
  3. DRAM Spec is set to "BY SPD" but i also have ddr2 533, 667 and 800. which one should i pick?

The answer to you first post is "yes" ;)

Oh and you might want to read trough this

3 more questions:

1. do i need to change my Northbridge voltage? at stock its 1.8V the next level up is 1.83V
  2. when hitting 334fsb how much higher do i need to raise my voltage? i should be fine at stock right?
  3. DRAM Spec is set to "BY SPD" but i also have ddr2 533, 667 and 800. which one should i pick?

1: Most likely not, what motherboard are you running?
2: You should, stock voltage for the E6600 is 1.325V which is plenty for 3 GHz.
3: You should pick the LOWEST setting possible which should correspond to runing in sync 1:1 with the CPU. You memoryspeed scales with your CPU base clock (266MHz stock, you have upped it to 334MHz) so your instability may be a result of RAM OC, also up the RAM voltage to 2.0V to make sure it's getting enough power. What memory are you using?

The answer to you first post is "yes" ;)

Oh and you might want to read trough this

1: Most likely not, what motherboard are you running?
2: You should, stock voltage for the E6600 is 1.325V which is plenty for 3 GHz.
3: You should pick the LOWEST setting possible which should correspond to runing in sync 1:1 with the CPU. You memoryspeed scales with your CPU base clock (266MHz stock, you have upped it to 334MHz) so your instability may be a result of RAM OC, also up the RAM voltage to 2.0V to make sure it's getting enough power. What memory are you using?

Motherboard: Abit Fatlity F-i90HD
RAM: Gskillz DDr2-800 5-5-5-15

crap well im only running 3ghz and boosted my cpu voltage to 1.365V. better drop it back down to stock.

if i wanted to run at 3.6ghz to make my it all sync what estimated voltage would you say?

Motherboard: Abit Fatlity F-i90HD
RAM: Gskillz DDr2-800 5-5-5-15

crap well im only running 3ghz and boosted my cpu voltage to 1.365V. better drop it back down to stock.

if i wanted to run at 3.6ghz to make my it all sync what estimated voltage would you say?

Don't fret over your CPU voltage, 1.365v isn't going to kill your CPU and for now it can be left there to make sure that the CPU is getting enough power, you can always back voltages down when you are stable.

A little note, I did a quick search for OC results with your board and let's just say that you more than likely will never get to 3.6GHz on that MB. With onboard graphics turned on I couldn't find any reports of it getting stable past 320FSB with the onboard graphics disabled the max FSB seems to be around 350MHz for this board. I may be wrong ofcause, I don't have too much time to search for results...

In theory getting to 3.6GHz requires you to run at a FSB of 400 (400MHz*9=3.6Ghz) but you'll probably need more than 1.5v (the volt requirements don't scale perfectly linear) and at that point will be dealing with a lot of heat.

Don't fret over your CPU voltage, 1.365v isn't going to kill your CPU and for now it can be left there to make sure that the CPU is getting enough power, you can always back voltages down when you are stable.

A little note, I did a quick search for OC results with your board and let's just say that you more than likely will never get to 3.6GHz on that MB. With onboard graphics turned on I couldn't find any reports of it getting stable past 320FSB with the onboard graphics disabled the max FSB seems to be around 350MHz for this board. I may be wrong ofcause, I don't have too much time to search for results...

In theory getting to 3.6GHz requires you to run at a FSB of 400 (400MHz*9=3.6Ghz) but you'll probably need more than 1.5v (the volt requirements don't scale perfectly linear) and at that point will be dealing with a lot of heat.

wow i didnt know this. hmmm i thought the onboard graphics wouldnt play a role in this. crud

Back