I recently took the power supply out of my computer to install cable sleeving on the wires ( god damn, talk about a tedious job) Afterwards I placed it back in, and properly connected everything(the way I thought I had before) Only to see upon boot up that my SATA drives are registering as "No Device!" -> the SATA Hard Drives have a dedicated power line with 2 power connectors. I open bios and look at devices and I see..
Primary ATA - Not Installed
Slave - Not Installed
Secondary ATA - Not Installed
Slave - Not installed
and when I select them to choose a drive, there's none to choose from (obviously it's on auto-detect, and if there were some, it would pick them up.) However, I didn't take off the molex connectors, so I know I didn't "fuck up" the power supply in anyway. And to further prove that, once everything's connected and I start the system up, my dvd-burner and dvd-rom will pop out, and all of my fans light up and spin.. I tried switching the power supplies to one I had in there before I upgraded, but to the same outcome. Yes the Serial ATA Hard drives and dvd drives are properly connected to ATA/SATA Connectors. [I didn't do anything to them when I removed the power supply.] So now I can't get the computer to boot because it doesn't detect any devices, any clue on what's wrong?
Specs:
AMD64 3200+ (754)
MSI Neo FSR
1gb samsung pc3200
sapphire 128mb radeon 9800 pro
2x seagate SATA150's (80gb)
sony 16x dual layer/format burner
...yadda yadda yadda etc
Primary ATA - Not Installed
Slave - Not Installed
Secondary ATA - Not Installed
Slave - Not installed
and when I select them to choose a drive, there's none to choose from (obviously it's on auto-detect, and if there were some, it would pick them up.) However, I didn't take off the molex connectors, so I know I didn't "fuck up" the power supply in anyway. And to further prove that, once everything's connected and I start the system up, my dvd-burner and dvd-rom will pop out, and all of my fans light up and spin.. I tried switching the power supplies to one I had in there before I upgraded, but to the same outcome. Yes the Serial ATA Hard drives and dvd drives are properly connected to ATA/SATA Connectors. [I didn't do anything to them when I removed the power supply.] So now I can't get the computer to boot because it doesn't detect any devices, any clue on what's wrong?
Specs:
AMD64 3200+ (754)
MSI Neo FSR
1gb samsung pc3200
sapphire 128mb radeon 9800 pro
2x seagate SATA150's (80gb)
sony 16x dual layer/format burner
...yadda yadda yadda etc