Help, Display Corruption

INANE

Limp Gawd
I have a Windows XP MCE 2005 box with a 5200 in it. I have it driving a CRT (VGA) and a TV (S-Video). Other hardware in the box is a NF2 mobo with an Athlon 2200XP (onboard video disabled).

The problem I'm experiencing is on the dekstop there will be some pixels that somewhat randomly get stuck or just appear corrupt. The best way to describe it is to say its similar to how a stuck pixel looks on a bad LCD. I don't do anything 3D acccelerated, so I'm talking just the windows desktop, or watching videos/tv etc.

I spent days trying different display drivers (more than a dozen different ones), mobo drivers, codecs, patches,... basically anything I could think of but couldn't fix it. So I reinstalled windows (formatted) and set everything up again. Well for a little over a month it was perfect! But over the last week or so the weird pixel problem has returned.

The corruption is on both displays, I have gone to just one and made no difference. What is even more bizare is that this corruption even gets displayed thru VNC!

One other note, if I uninstall the display driver the problem goes away till I put it (any) back on. With that fact, VNC passing the corruption thru and how it ran fine after a format for a month makes me feel that its not hardware but software problem. But I am at a total loss at this point....

...So last nite I tried installing the new 71.89 (April 14th) driver from the offical nvidia site. I also set the output to single display only (s-vid out). I *think* the problem got a little better but its not gone. Now those *stuck* pixels are red in color which is an improvement over the white colored ones I had before (less noticable).

Any help would be GREATLY appreitated.

Back