• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Help design a sytem for a CM Stacker

Chevyman03

n00b
Joined
Apr 4, 2005
Messages
56
I'm looking into watercooling my system and am looking for advice. My current system is a Coolermaster stacker filled with fans, Gigabyte 965p-ds3, E6600@3.51ghz, Blue orb 2, OCZ 600 Powerstream dual rail, 6800gt, and Corsair6400 2x1gig. My voltage is @1.35 vcore and temps currently running 44c idle and 68c max full load under orthos. My ambient temp is around 70f now since its winter but will get very hot in summer mid 80's thats why I would like to do watercooling. have a decent budget give or take $200?. I figure I should have decent room in my stacker case as its pretty large? I would like to have the ability to add watercooling to a gpu also. Ideally a system I could use for many years and adapt to new cpu's and possibly gpu's? Thanks
 
If you have the original stacker, you can fit pretty much any radiator in the front without any modding. I have a black ice GTS360 (3 120mm fans) in mine, just has room for 1 HD and a CD drive above it. It's hard not to make things fit in a stacker (or so I've found). Much much easier than the midtowers I was playing around with previously
 
You didn't mention which stacker ,but I have the STC-T01. I put the radiator laying flat against the bottom, with the pump right next to it. Very easy to set up. Performance PC even sells an acrylic panel to help with mounting. :)
 
It is the original stacker I have 3 hd's and dvd burner. This will be my first watercooling setup but I want to do a quality setup.
 
I'm looking to order stuff to put my watercooling setup together. I picked up a AquaXtreme MP-05 PRO LE for my c2d as I got a great deal on it. I do want to mount a twin 120 rad on the bottom of the case with the adapter bitbum pointed out. I like the looks of the AquaXtreme 50Z-DC12 Mag Drive Inline Pump w/ 1/2" Barbed Fittings. I want to have a system that can handle a high load cpu and gpu 8800gtx. Im not sure what rad I can use and what kind of fans are needed. Im looking for any suggestions or hlp I can get. This stuff is all new to me and there are alot of choices. Thanks
 
Chevyman03 said:
I want to have a system that can handle a high load cpu and gpu 8800gtx. Im not sure what rad I can use and what kind of fans are needed. Im looking for any suggestions or hlp I can get. This stuff is all new to me and there are alot of choices. Thanks
Check out this thread on comparing various radiators.
 
Back
Top