• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

help deciding?

newls1

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Sep 8, 2003
Messages
4,628
What would be the better choice for a gaming and overall performance type CPU path here? SKT 1366 i7 960, or SKT1155 2500k?? Either choice will be OC'ed... Looking to sell my X6 setup (Motherboard and CPU) and replace with Intel. Im leaning toward the 1366 platform as I would like to play with triple channel mem...... Whats your opinions?:confused: I can get a I7 960 CPU and Asus Sabertooth mobo for ~400$
 
What would be the better choice for a gaming and overall performance type CPU path here? SKT 1366 i7 960, or SKT1155 2500k?? Either choice will be OC'ed... Looking to sell my X6 setup (Motherboard and CPU) and replace with Intel. Im leaning toward the 1366 platform as I would like to play with triple channel mem...... Whats your opinions?:confused: I can get a I7 960 CPU and Asus Sabertooth mobo for ~400$

Depends how many cards you are going to use. If you are using more than one card, I'd either go x58 if its cheap, or wait for lga 2011 to drop, which will replace 1366.

If you just run a single card for gaming, sandy bridge will probably be better. I don't think the triple channel memory will translate into noticeable improvement except in benchmarks.
 
I run a CF 6870 Setup..... Also, im thinking of it this way... Once I sell my motherboard and X6 this "upgrade" should only cost me 150-200$ in the long run.....
 
Back
Top