• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Help! Corruption and crashes oh my!

mstrymn

n00b
Joined
Jun 30, 2005
Messages
10
I just recently purchased an emachines t6410 cause it had an open pcie slot, well i installed a chaintech 6600gt and it worked GREAT! But now no games will run (sometimes but with corruption). I have reinstalled drivers and reseated the card to no avail!

CS:S sometimes gives me those goofy pink shader errors and crashes and similar effects with doom 3 ect....

I enabled coolbits overclocking and overclocked a bit once but unimpressed left it alone and now! :( :confused: I shut it off and still doesn't work, any hints guys?
 
It sounds like a random failure, it happens. Send it back for replacement, no-one's going to know if it was overclocked with coolbits. If you want to make sure it's dead then test in a friends system, if you get the same problems, then it's definately dead.
 
its just odd that is WAS working for the entire day until now! i dont get it, do they burn in/out or something?
 
well i have tried all kinds of stuff, does anyone else have an idea as to what it might be? anyone with a similar experience? working video card for 10 hours then dead?
 
Perhaps try reinstalling your drivers? I OCed my GF4 Ti4200 a bit too much with CoolBits a long time ago. When I got Battlefield Vietnam, I experienced severe graphics corruption. I thought the card was dead, but when I reinstalled my drivers, it worked fine!
 
I've tried that, no work. I am RMAing it (please go through newegg!). It worked fine for about 5 minutes after a cold startup before messing up.
 
did you properly remove your old drivers before reinstalling the new ones (using driver cleaner) ?
 
No, I did not use a driver cleaner! But I did restore to before we had the card and reinstalled it just like new, same problem!

Its on its was back to Newegg, fingers crossed!
 
Back
Top