Help control pump speed

Sontungmtp

n00b
I have a Swiftech mcp35x2 pump and I plug it to the motherboard fan header to control the speed; however, it still runs at max speed instead of the curve I want. What can I do? That pump is noisy at max speed.

Have you tried a different fan header? Are you setting the fan curve in a certain software?

Tried to put to different fan header amd use fan speed but fan speed does not detect that pump.

Make sure you have DC vs PWM power control for the port you plug the pump into correctly. If it's a 12v non-pwm pump and you plug it into a port configured for PWM, you will get unexpected results.

As for setting custom fan/pump curves, I use an app called Argus Monitor for this quite effectively.

I can have it set my pump speed based on curves from several different inputs, be it liquid temp, gpu temp, or cpu temp.

I also have it ramp up all the fans in my case vs just ones that would normally only be attached to my AIO.

Ya don't need a piece of software to do this, just need to know how to deal with PWM.

I have a Swiftech mcp35x2 pump and I plug it to the motherboard fan header to control the speed; however, it still runs at max speed instead of the curve I want. What can I do? That pump is noisy at max speed.

List what motherboard you are using. Then read up on PWM as it relates to watercooling.

Generally in whatever bios you have, ya set the header to PWM control and then set temp thresholds for X duty cycle expressed as a %. For ex. at 40c, pump runs at 30% DC: at 50c, pump runs at 40% DC, etc etc. Hopefully you planned it out and are using a water temp sensor which your pump is using as its temp sensor, otherwise you'd use the cpu sensor.

**Btw that is a crap ton of pump you have there. That pump only needs to run to 52% DC at the maximum because it achieves 95% of its pumping power at roughly 52% DC.

Im using apex 12. I plugged 1 pump to the fan header 3; the other to water pump header and the one on the water pump keep running full speed. The one on the channel 3 goes up and down a little bit but it stays almost at max speed, so I use split cable and connect both pump to fan header 3. Now they are running full speed whatever curve I set it up in the bios. I dont know because I put the pump vertical in stead of horizontal so that makes it runs at max speed. My case is lian li xl and I put the pump on the back.

Im using apex 12. I plugged 1 pump to the fan header 3; the other to water pump header and the one on the water pump keep running full speed. The one on the channel 3 goes up and down a little bit but it stays almost at max speed, so I use split cable and connect both pump to fan header 3. Now they are running full speed whatever curve I set it up in the bios. I dont know because I put the pump vertical in stead of horizontal so that makes it runs at max speed. My case is lian li xl and I put the pump on the back.

Vertical or horizontal doesn't matter, it's running full speed cuz most likely it is not getting a PWM signal. You have to set the settings for whichever header you use to PWM.

Back