• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Help Choosing Audio Card/headset

FocalFury

n00b
Joined
Nov 17, 2009
Messages
58
Hello all.
I am getting ready to build a new rig and have all the components picked out.
What I'm not as sure and ready about is my audio card/headset I want to use.

I have a Logitech X-540 speaker set (5.1)
I will be getting the Asus P6T6 Motherboard
I am a gamer and do listen to music etc.

First off....is the improvement substantial enough to need a standalone sound card from onboard audio?

My thoughts are if I do get a card would be an X-Fi Titanium Fatality.

Heres the next part where I go back and forth.
I'll be playing some MMO games where I'll be using Ventrilo always.

My initial thought is that I'd like only a headset that goes over 1 ear to hear all of my friends talking to me and have the game coming through the 5.1 system.
I choose this as I'd prefer...because I will be using ventrilo so often...to not get enveloped in a 5.1 headset for HOURS ON HOURS all day and take them off and feel like im getting out of a fog.

Or maybe I'm crazy ;)

a final note is that I live alone and so loud speakers rather than a headset is no concern.

I'd appreciate hearing peoples opinions on what they would do and what equipment you would choose

Thanks

D A N N Y
 
Back
Top