Help choosing an mp3 player

Hikaru IchijoSL

Limp Gawd
my 15gb ipod is going down the tubes and I need to get a replacement.

I am looking for:

1. 4+ gig
2. color screen
3. cheap
4. must be windows 2k compatible using the included software

I know the ipod nano 4gb is perfect but it is so expensive.

You just can't go wrong with an iPod.

I seem to recall you from a Creative Zen thread not so long ago... Why aren't you upgrading 2k to XP?

Meizu 8GB SL is the one.
Looks alright, but I'm noticing that the max frame rate for video is 20fps, whereas the nano will happily play at up to 30fps. That might or might not be an issue. Decent format support, though. Unfortunately doesn't seem to support AAC, which the iPod does, and AAC offers higher quality at lower bit rates than MP3 or WMA (in general).

I think that if the OP's using iTunes and has his library set up for iTunes, it makes sense to stick with the iPod line.

Looks alright, but I'm noticing that the max frame rate for video is 20fps, whereas the nano will happily play at up to 30fps. That might or might not be an issue. Decent format support, though. Unfortunately doesn't seem to support AAC, which the iPod does, and AAC offers higher quality at lower bit rates than MP3 or WMA (in general).

I think that if the OP's using iTunes and has his library set up for iTunes, it makes sense to stick with the iPod line.

I got a Zune 80 thinking I'd watch movies or podcasts on it. Frankly, I didn't do neither. Just isn't enjoyable for me. Imo, it isn't enjoyable at all.

Meizu will eventually support AAC.

Back