Help choosing a PSU.

Sable

Weaksauce
Joined
May 21, 2005
Messages
74
This is my first full build so I wanna make sure I get it right.

My planned specs are:
Asus A8N-SLI
X2 4200+
2GB OCZ Value Series Dual Channel PC-3200 2GB
7800GT (probably get another in a few months)
NEC 3520A (already got)
WD Caviar SE16 WD2500KS
Thermaltake Soprano Case

I was thinking of this PSU:

Enermax Liberty ELT500AWT 500w (Watt) Modular Power Supply (PSU) Active PFC SLi Ready Version 2.2
http://www.fusion2u.com/cart/product.asp?intProdID=ELT500AWT

Any thoughts/suggestions on the PSU or any of the other bits?

Thanks.
:D
 
BigRigDriver said:
Go for the 620, i got mine yesterday & its awesome.
Will I need a 620 for SLI-ing would the 500 be enough? I suppose with the 620 it gives me a bit a future proofing for future power hungry cards.

What about the rest of the build? Any thoughts?
 
_Korruption_ said:
Are you hard-set on that Thermaltake case? :eek:
Nope. Definitely not. What do you suggest?

I'm pretty much dead on budget now so it would need to be a similar price.

Motherboard :: Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe
Processor :: AMD X2 4200+
RAM :: Corsair (TWINX2048-3200C2PT) 2GB
Harddisk :: WD Caviar SE16 WD2500KS
Graphics Card :: eVGA 7800GT
Case :: Thermaltake Soprano = £50.00
PSU :: Enermax Liberty 500W

= £999.01
 
I agree that the 620 is a better idea for the PS.

Also save a few bucks and get a X2 3800+ you can OC to 4200 speeds easy.

i have a 3000B it's a pretty nice case overall...very cost effective too.
 
Back
Top