Help choosing 19" CRT

truSt

n00b
I'm going to buy a new system, and I want a new monitor for it. I prefer a 19" inch and because I play a lot of games I placed my mind on buying a CRT. But because there are so many different 19" crt's around I really don't have a clue anymore which one I should buy.

I picked three monitors which I can buy (and fit in my budget, I know a monitor is also an important thing to buy but some are just to expensive :( )

First, I tried to use google for searching any reviews, but somehow I can't find them. The only thing I get is webshops, webshops, webshops and webshops again. Or user reviews in webshops who say "great monitor" or "it sux I hate the colors" .. So you see nothing usefull :eek:

So asking your help now :D

1: LG T910B (Price in Euros: €229,90)
2: Proview DX997 (Price in Euros: €165,41, a cheaper one)
3: Hyundai ImageQuest Q995 (Price in Euros: €197,-)

Well that are the three monitors, I think the Proview is already terminated :)P) because I didn't really read a lot of good things about them..

If you have other suggestions, please don't mind to tell them :) My budget is around €250 (may be a little more but not to much) that's around $300 (USD) if I'm right :p

First of all, 250 sterling is not even close to $300 US, more like US$455. try xe.com

Secondly, if you are a high end gamer, you should find a Trinitron monitor instead of the good old CRT tri-dot technology. Find one at ebay.

Happy Hopping said:
First of all, 250 sterling is not even close to $300 US, more like US$455. try xe.com

Secondly, if you are a high end gamer, you should find a Trinitron monitor instead of the good old CRT tri-dot technology. Find one at ebay.

Sterling? Thats pounds right? Well I guess :p I don't mean pounds but just ordinary euro's ;) (correct me if I'm wrong) Looked at the site you gave (xe.com) €250 = $300 and 250Pounds(Sterling) = $450 My budget is $300 :p

And thx for your tips all, I'm going to take a look ;)

I wouldent buy a p95 they suck compared to the 930SB I would rather spend the extra money

I would rather have ful apature grille rather than a combination display

Another vote for the Mitsubishi DP930SB. I have its twin brother, the NEC FP912SB, and for the past 1 year+, I've loved it.

Stay away from the Samsung, I almost made the same mistake "oooo .20 dot pitch ooo" -- But you'll notice, they measure it differently.

Samsung measure horizontal dot pitch, with is next to useless.

Everyone else does diagonal.

Don't be fooled.

Agree with SilverSilver. Samsung fools people with that .20 dot pitch. The only monitor with a dot pitch near that is Sony's F520, which has a diagonal dot pitch of .22 mm. The Samsung 955DF is really .26 or .27 I believe, and the monitor itself can exhibit some horrible blurriness. I used them at school and they weren't really that good.

The monitor is a critical part of the computer, since you're actively staring at it for long periods at a time (in my case, during work times, could be 8+ hours a day). If you're getting a CRT, you're better off getting a nice one that won't hurt your eyes as much (higher refresh, less blurriness, etc.).

Back