Help, can't reformat.

bertbuddy

n00b
I am wondering if anybody else has had this problem, I have a eVGA 133-K8-NF41 Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 SLI ATX AMD Motherboard, and when I restart the computer I can get into the bios and stuff by pressing 'del' or continue booting by pressing 'F1' That all works, but then right after I hit 'F1' my keyboard just becomes unresponsive until windows boots. The problem is, that when I put my windows CD in to reformat I cannot hit any key when it asks me to. Because my keyboard doesn't work. I went through the bios and make sure the keyboard was enabled, i tried upgrading my bios, i tried getting an adapter so I could plug my usb keyboard into my PS2 port, and that didn't help either. I have a Saitek Eclipse keyboard. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

I know some usb keyboards won't work with the ps2 adapter,you could try a native ps2 keyboard but that doesn't explain why the usb keyboard issue exsist

What bios version are you using? E44 was supposed to fix the issue. The best idea woould be to have a ps2 keyboard around for emergencies anyway. I always have a spare, since they only cost about $6 on sale. And coffee or ice cream spills are no longer a threat to my fun.

on my asus i have a jumper that sets +5vsb on all of the usb and ps2 ports with a standered ps2 keyboard it dosent make a difference, but with a usb, on usb or through a ps2 adapter i have to have the jumper set to +5vsb or it shuts off till windows initilizes the ports, this feature also need to be on for the wake on keyboard feature to work

weather or not your board features this or not i dont know, figured it might give you something to look into

thore

thore said:
on my asus i have a jumper that sets +5vsb on all of the usb and ps2 ports with a standered ps2 keyboard it dosent make a difference, but with a usb, on usb or through a ps2 adapter i have to have the jumper set to +5vsb or it shuts off till windows initilizes the ports, this feature also need to be on for the wake on keyboard feature to work

weather or not your board features this or not i dont know, figured it might give you something to look into

thore

I'll look into this, thanks for the info.

ok i have done everything in here so far to know prevail...any other ideas I can get :(

Back