Help! Can't get past BSOD!!!

WuzFast

Gawd
So I'm trying to be a nice guy to my tax man. His video card drivers somehow got uninstalled. No problem, I go into device manager, and remove, and on reboot Windows starts looking for drivers for a SIS 650. No problem, go to SIS's website and get the latest drivers for a SIS 650. Start loading those drivers and BSOD. Now I can't get in with Safe Mode, Last Good Profile doesn't work either, in fact none of the options in Safe Mode will get into windows without the BSOD. I'm thinking windows detected the wrong video when I uninstalled and rebooted from device manager, I didn't think to open up his case to see what he had.........So now I need some way to get in so I can get the conflicting drivers out. He doesn't have his XP CD, or anything.

Anybody have an idea how I can get into windows (I thought there was a step by step option for each boot item loading) without the video drivers loading causing the BSOD.

if you presss F8 during boot, you don't have the step option?

Also, if it turns out his OS is hosed couldn't you use your XP cd for the repair job?

I didn't see the step by step, and no I have no XP CD, I run Win2K on all my stuff, and this guy's a slob, and lost all of his CD's and stuff that came with this PC.

Oh well, maybe if I stick in a different vid card it might boot.

WuzFast said:
Thats my whole problem, I couldn't get far enough into windows to get at any directories. But I just totally screwed the pooch anyway, so without elaborating I'll just say thanks for the replies.

>Mods: Please change my status from GAWD to DUMBASS
LOL :D

XDude said:
Oh well, who wants a slob doing their taxes for them anyways, right? :)
Well perhaps he is a genius with taxes,yet a slob with other things. Such as leaving the fridge door open and wondering why the mayonaise taste funny? ;)

Back