HELP! can't change the task bar from classic mode

dev1nsan

n00b
I tried to install this theme pack and the instructions from the theme pack said to rename uxtheme.dll in the system32 folder to uxtheme.old and place the new uxtheme.dll that came with the theme pack into system32 folder, that's what I did and the theme's are working except that my task bar is stuck in classic mode. I can change the frame around a window into something else but the task bar just stays in classic mode. :confused:

What theme pack is it/who makes it and have you contacted them to ask? Most of us who use 'themes' have a separate program to do so (windowblinds for instance) which takes care of everything, including any extra ram you have sitting around :)

Actually I got from a Off-topic section of one of the websites I go to. The original poster said that it didn't need to use any of the other software like windowblind and the read me said this:

rename windows\system32\uxtheme.dll >>> uxtheme.old
replace uxteme.dll file from skn folder.ignore windows system protection and reboot.

The name of the file is 18coolskin, and it came with 18 (duh) different themes like longhorn and aero etc.

You might of just disabled themes. Left click My Computer>Properties>Advanced>Settings and see if Use visual style on windows and buttons is checked.

I clicked on advance but there isn't a setting for visual style

edit: nevermind I was going to my computers shortcut. The "use windows visual style" is allowed already. The problem is everything else changes except the task bar

Back