• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

[Help!] Cannot connect to the internet

azuro

n00b
Joined
Dec 14, 2002
Messages
62
Don't know what happened to my computer. Both IE and Firefox couldn't connect to the internet. However, I can ping the loopback address, address of my router, and other websites (ie: google.com) addresses. I can also connect my computer from my laptop (mapped network drive). Other than that, Internet Explorer, Firefox, MSN, and AntiVirus update service couldn't connect to the internet. Anyone know what happened?
 
azuro said:
Don't know what happened to my computer. Both IE and Firefox couldn't connect to the internet. However, I can ping the loopback address, address of my router, and other websites (ie: google.com) addresses. I can also connect my computer from my laptop (mapped network drive). Other than that, Internet Explorer, Firefox, MSN, and AntiVirus update service couldn't connect to the internet. Anyone know what happened?

DNS problem is normally the first guess for this, but you say you can sucessfully ping google.com correct?

Next up would be doing spyware and virus sweeps.
 
QwertyJuan said:
if he can ping a name like google.com then it's not DNS

QJ

:)
Reread the line I wrote - I said it's normally the first guess and asked him to confirm that he can ping by name.
 
Back
Top