Help Bypassing a Java Full Screen App

ItzCooLz

n00b
i'm a medical student preparing for a big exam, and i am using a specific program that has lots of different sample questions and thorough explanations.

my problem is that the program forces a full-screen mode which is really annoying because I use my computer to take notes and to create flashcards. I am fairly adept at computers, so I have tried various things: hotkeys, alt-tabbing, resizing windows, even multiple virtual desktops.

the only thing that has seemed to work is using a dual monitor setup (the program only hijacks one of the monitors). the problem is i can not study efficiently in my room (where my dual monitor rig is set up), so i tend to study at coffee shops on my laptop.

the best thing I have come up with is pretty ghetto: i pull up the start menu, and use Vista's mini preview window and just type semi-blindly in my open Word document in the background. it's pretty sad, but shows my desperation. any help?

i'm kinda ashamed, but i got around this problem by downloading "XNeat Windows Manager," which allows you to toggle on and off which windows are "always on top."

does anybody know how to change whether a window is on top without the need for an additional program running? (i like my laptop to be as clean as possible, with the least amount of processes)

Back