help buying Asus 27" LCD Widescreen 3D Monitor (VG278HE)or Overlord Tempest X270OC

Baxter299

Limp Gawd
Right now I own A Sony Fw900 wanna put it a away and save ,it works perfect. Ive never owned anything but CRT`s .Im gonna buy a LCD Was thinking about the

Overlord Tempest X270OC or Asus 27" LCD Widescreen 3D Monitor (VG278HE)

how bad is web browsing on 27 inch what would be good for surfing web too? just for 2d gaming 3d not important I got 500.00 to spend any suggestions
Thanks

Last edited:
horrible color on asus.. your call
Agreed, the Overlord is better.

However, if you prefer CRT zero motion blur, the ASUS VG278H is superior -- there is approximately 7 to 15 times less motion blur on the LightBoost monitors than on IPS monitors. It is truly more than an order of magnitude less motion blur than a 60Hz IPS. Even with a 120Hz overclocked IPS, their pixel persistence (And usual lack of RTC) limits their motion blur improvements, so a LightBoost monitor still has more than 5 less motion blur than a 120Hz overclocked IPS.

It depends on what you primarily use the monitor for. Photoshop? Web? Programming? Games? If you only play games occasionally, go for the 120Hz IPS panels (e.g. Catleap 2B, Overload). But if you really want the sharpest motion during fast action games, you have no other non-CRT choice than a LightBoost LCD.

(P.S. I've found BENQ XL2411T is superior to VG278H, but it's much smaller -- 24" vs 27")

Back