• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Help building a web logo

DarkCyber

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
May 14, 2003
Messages
1,273
I know this may sound trivial, but I am looking for some good instruction videos on how to build web logo's. I use GIMP and have an older version of Adobe Photoshop 7. I would like to be able to build something pretty cool. Any suggestions on some tutorials would be appreciated.

I use to use Paint Shop Pro 6 to build my logo's with, but that has been years ago and I have since misplaced the program, thus the need to switch to something else.

Thanks!
 
Last edited:
Start with a font that you like and go from there. Most recognizable logos these days consist of a great font arranged in an eye catching way with some effects thrown in (translucency, shadows, etc). If you have a little more artistic ability, you can make some vector shapes to jazz things up a bit.
 
Thanks for the suggestions! Been looking for some kind of video tutorial (or even text/picture based) that would show the steps. Something like 'logos for dummies' lol!

I found a pretty good web site for creating one in Photoshop, so I dug out my old version of Photoshop and trying that.
 
here are some good lists of tutorials
http://elitebydesign.com/105-logo-design-tuts-and-resources/
http://www.smashingmagazine.com/2009/04/30/60-beautiful-logo-design-tutorials-and-resources/

two of my favorite tutorial site:
http://psd.tutsplus.com/
http://vector.tutsplus.com/

I like to replicate designs to keep keep my skills decent, I've found simply mashing up aspects of different logos helps me out. I usually look around 99designs to get a bunch of ideas or just straight up copy them to just practice with tools. Maybe that will help you.
http://99designs.com/categories/logo-design
 
Back
Top