• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Help, Asus P7P55 users

saar

Weaksauce
Joined
Jan 19, 2010
Messages
93
There is a BIOS option on the P7P55D-E Premium, TurboMode 1-2-3-4-Core Ratio Offset, this is what I am intereseted in. There are many versions of the P7P55D available. Could you check the BIOS of your motherboard, (from the following list) and let me know if it exists or not? Thanks in advance.

P7P55D Deluxe
P7P55D EVO
P7P55D PRO
P7P55D
P7P55D Premium
P7P55D WS Supercompter
P7P55D LX
P7P55D-M
P7P55D-E PRO

I'm pretty sure this option exists with the ROG and Maximus lines, but the cheaper the better as far as I'm concerned. I have an i7-875k that will be used for this new build FWIW.
 
I have an Asus P7P55D-E EVO motherboard; I might have mentioned it somewhere before—I've had it for quite a while, and it wasn't working. Eventually, I discovered a bent pin; I straightened it out, and the board is working now. In the meantime, I also replaced the thermal pads.
The problem now is that while Windows 11 installs and runs fine, the system won't accept any overclocking settings. I have an i5-750 processor and 16GB of DDR3 1600MHz RAM. I used to have Gigabyte boards and knew my way around their BIOS, but this Asus board is completely different; I need help configuring the settings for a 4GHz overclock.
Right now, Windows 11 is running at default settings, and I haven't run any tests yet.
It refuses to accept any overclock; the screen just goes black, and that's it—there are no beeps or error signals.
 
Back
Top