Help ASAP...8800GT bios overclock default 2D clocks?

orion23

Gawd
Hi!

Please help me here..

I have a BFG 8800GT card, flashed its bios and loaded the "extra" fields with 700 / 975 / 1700.

Cards works OK.

Question is, will the card work with those clocks @ all times? 2D? 3D?

When I load the Nvidia monitor it always reads 700 / 1950 on my desktop and during the games?

How do I make it go to a lower speed when not gaming?

Just found the answer: (XTREMESYSTEMS)

There is no 2D or 3D mode on the GT. Only a single mode. I think the only way to emulate two modes would be by using Rivatuner but then you can't change the Vcore so it's not worth it IMO.

Thanks!

The card will run at those speeds all the time as the BIOS is flashed at those speeds. Install riva tuner and you can down clock the speeds of the BFG card when not playing games. BTW why would you want to downclock the card if it runs okay with good temps at the selected speeds?Good Luck

Only because I don't want to kill the card or have it run @ its limits when I'm not even gaming....

I just don't understand what the difference is from the original bios..

I only changed 1 set of values in the original bios (EXTRA), so does it mean that the 8800GT, from factory, was running @ 625 / 1800 all the time?

... so does it mean that the 8800GT, from factory, was running @ 625 / 1800 all the time?
YES. :)
The G92 series don't have separate 2D/3D speeds, you can make with RivaTuner via 3D acceleration detection thresholds to change those speeds to your liking. Additionally you can try to mod the BIOS for 1.1 V to the GPU (but the results are questionable IMO).

Back