[HELP] anodized service???

MrGuvernment

Fully [H]
does anyone know of any companies that can anodized a computer case kind of service, i have an idea for a new mod and i want it anodized.

also, can anodized be diff colors if one had a specific color in mind? or is it only zink and that is it?

basically i am thinking i cna order the case i want, have it shipped to be anodized and then shipped to me...

I read a tutorial on anodizing yourself online, but that was a while ago and it was aluminum. I dont think all types of metal can be anodized. I thought just aluminum to be honest. But im sure if you google it you can find a way to anodize yourself or a local or online company that will do it for you.

I'd Like to know as well!

Hope someone chimes in with a site that does it

Anodizing is pretty toxic as well as being kinda complicated and costly to setup. My friend has an anodizing service (he owns a machine shop and the like) but you're profile says you live in costa rica so thats a bit hard to do (I live in the midwest). If you want I can refer you to him (as you said you can ship the case)

you can anodize titanium and aluminum, no other metals. You can also choose from a lot of different colors. It involves dipping the case in several acids while using a slow electric current and then boiling it in a curing agent to get that hard shell. They just add a die to the curing agent to get the color. This is the most basic type of anodizing. Because of the acids and boiling it should be the bare metal only, if there is a coating on it you'll have to have it removed, either by yourself or let the company do it. There are anodizing companies everywhere, look in the yellow pages under anodizing or metal fabrication, those should atleast point you in the right direction. It will probably run a couple hundred dollars for an average computer case.
you could also look into powder coating, although not the same and a different look, it's sometimes a better alternative.

Anodizing is pretty toxic as well as being kinda complicated and costly to setup. My friend has an anodizing service (he owns a machine shop and the like) but you're profile says you live in costa rica so thats a bit hard to do (I live in the midwest). If you want I can refer you to him (as you said you can ship the case)

There's nothing toxic about anodizing... The sulfuric acid is hazardous, but if bought at a 30% mixture, it's absolutely not toxic :).

But, yeah, you can anodize in your home, easily. I do lots of small pieces, mainly car parts and paintball pieces.

OP: you can do any colour that you can find an organic dye. Dying the fresh layer of aluminum oxide can ONLY be done with organic dyes... So, find a dye you want, and most anodization shops will use it for you.

Good luck finding someone online though :/

Your best bet would be to find a friend that lives in North America, have them buy the case, get it done at a local shop, and ship it to you.

ya may need to do that, sure costa rica may have a place, will check in phone books, but figure it will pob be more likely to get it done in north america

powercoating, i assume autoshops could do that? would it give the same look / effect?

Back