• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

HELP! AMD A6 7400K

Copyright

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Nov 17, 2000
Messages
6,004
Not sure if AMD A6 7400K naturally run hot but mine is hitting 72C with light loads. Looking for a good low profile aftermarket heatsink I can use. My case is an Antec ISK-300 which is kinda limited on space. I already removed the bracket part on top of the case to give me more room. I did see the Noctua heatsink but was looking for soemthign that could cool a little better?
 
It is a bit high in temps but not dangerous. Having the onboard/iGPU makes it a bit higher than usual.
 
Not sure if AMD A6 7400K naturally run hot but mine is hitting 72C with light loads. Looking for a good low profile aftermarket heatsink I can use. My case is an Antec ISK-300 which is kinda limited on space. I already removed the bracket part on top of the case to give me more room. I did see the Noctua heatsink but was looking for soemthign that could cool a little better?

This Zalman CNPS8900 Extreme looks interesting and won't break your bank. It's only 60mm tall so it should fit.
 
The Scythe Shuriken Rev. B barely fits but should work out really well.. not a whole lot of room for it to breathe up top but this cooler is MUCH larger than the stock cooler. The stock cooler is actually a coolermaster cooler (sticker on fan bottom proves it). I found the exact same cooler for $6.00... It's a pretty junky cooler that comes with it.
 
Back
Top