I have an ASUS P4GE-MX (NOT P4GE-V)
http://in.asus.com/products4.aspx?l1=3&l2=12&l3=0&model=197&modelmenu=1
and a 2 GHz 400MHz Northwood CPU which I had successfully overclocked to 533MHz FSB (2.66 GHz) on my earlier board..
The current board has a CPU Frequency parameter in the BIOS (range 100-132)...I would like to know whether changing this has any effect on the PCI/AGP busses..ie whether they are locked or not...In my experience, raising the frequency above 110MHz causes the onboard sound to "disappear"..Is this because the PCI/AGP busses are getting overclocked...? There are no settings for PCI/AGP multipliers
Also I have managed to get the system working without sound at 132 MHz CPU Frequency, though its unstable..There has been no HDD corruption even though the PCI bus,if not locked, may have been (132/3) 44 MHz
So my question is -
1>Are the PCI/AGP busses overclocked (Sandar says so, but is it true ?) or are they locked?
2>Is it safe to overclock the PCI/AGP busses..?To what level ?
3>If HDD corruption does occur, does it occur immediately or over a period of time ?
4>Are there any 3rd party utilities for overclocking this board ?
Any help would be appreciated ..! Thanks ! And a good day to you all....
http://in.asus.com/products4.aspx?l1=3&l2=12&l3=0&model=197&modelmenu=1
and a 2 GHz 400MHz Northwood CPU which I had successfully overclocked to 533MHz FSB (2.66 GHz) on my earlier board..
The current board has a CPU Frequency parameter in the BIOS (range 100-132)...I would like to know whether changing this has any effect on the PCI/AGP busses..ie whether they are locked or not...In my experience, raising the frequency above 110MHz causes the onboard sound to "disappear"..Is this because the PCI/AGP busses are getting overclocked...? There are no settings for PCI/AGP multipliers
Also I have managed to get the system working without sound at 132 MHz CPU Frequency, though its unstable..There has been no HDD corruption even though the PCI bus,if not locked, may have been (132/3) 44 MHz
So my question is -
1>Are the PCI/AGP busses overclocked (Sandar says so, but is it true ?) or are they locked?
2>Is it safe to overclock the PCI/AGP busses..?To what level ?
3>If HDD corruption does occur, does it occur immediately or over a period of time ?
4>Are there any 3rd party utilities for overclocking this board ?
Any help would be appreciated ..! Thanks ! And a good day to you all....