Help a noob - 128gb USB drive(s) not being recognized?

Etherton

Will Bang for Poof
I bought 2 of these drives and neither one of them will show up on my computer. User error or defective drives? I can hear Windows 8.1 recognizing them as they are plugged in but they do not show up anywhere. File explorer or Disk Management. :confused:

Thanks for any help! :p

I bought 2 of these drives and neither one of them will show up on my computer. User error or defective drives? I can hear Windows 8.1 recognizing them as they are plugged in but they do not show up anywhere. File explorer or Disk Management. :confused:

Thanks for any help! :p

Look at the reviews, there's LOTS of reports of Dead On Arrival in there so they're most likely toast. If you've got something else to try them with you can but based on the description and reviews i'd say they're dead.

First check that the drive is recognized correctly in device manager. If it is you could run DISKPART to see if the drive has been partitioned and formatted. Be very careful and make sure that you are working with the flash drive and not your fixed disc, as you can destroy your data. Here is a link to help, you could also google fix USB flash drive to see others.

http://boulos.ws/how-to-fix-usb-flash-drive-with-diskpart/

Back