• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Help a newb build a new rig...

jjl51

n00b
Joined
Dec 26, 2005
Messages
9
OK guys I need a bit of help here. I've had this same computer for the past 6 years or so (with some upgrades here and there) and I'm looking to upgrade. Don't need any peripherals, just a new motherboard, CPU, graphics card, RAM...Looking to spend around $1000-$1200, at MAX $1500 Canadian (prefer not to though). Any recommendations would be appreciated guys! Thanks.
 
Wait for the Intel price drops on April 22nd, or around then. What size monitor will you be gaming with? I'm thinking a DS3, E6600, 2GB DDR2-800, 8800GTS 320MB, and a decent 500W PSU, like the Enhance 5150GH 500W.
 
I've got a 19" Samsung SyncMaster 930B. I'm pretty pleased with it and got a really good deal on it...

Thanks for the response. I'm guessing you meant a Gigabyte GS3 and the Intel E6600?
For the RAM and video card, what brands would you recommend?
 
well i dont think you can go wrong with OCZ ram pretty good price to performance ratio i recomend the platinum series. if for gaming get the pc6400. or you can go with the ocz special ops (limited edition) pc6400 it has tighter timings. meaning better performance in gaming. also kingston or crucial ram is a very good choice... for video cards id go with asus, msi , or BFG they are the biggest and best companies..but with evgas stepup program its hard to beat.. theyll let u replace the card u have now for a new one. id go with the asus 8800 gts 320mb
 
Back
Top