Help a Car Audio guy find a good OTG hub!

Copyright

Supreme [H]ardness
So my situation.. I use a Sony RSX-GS9 for my car audio system I compete with. The USB DAC port is Micro USB on the front which connects directly to its high end DAC with my Samsung S2 Tablet. Using this on my tablet means I have no extra USB ports for flash drives which judges use. I found a way to make this work wtih a USB hub which also provided me a charging capability while in use which is a huge plus

The problem.... The hub I bought was 7$ and stopped working shortly after installing. I did some reading and found many having the same problem. Mine looked like an octopus with all its extra cables hanging off. I would prefer something with the USB ports directly on the PCB. Audio is only as good as it's weakest link. What I am doing I have been told will not work yet I got it to work and even have video proof. Even Sony told me it won't work but it does. This is gong to help a lot of guys who compete to give them a little extra edge.

What I need..... A high quality Micro USB B OTG Hub with charging ability. These 7 and 8$ hubs appaers to be hit or miss which is not good in a competition. Please help me find a quality OTG hub! This is the only place I thought could help.

Thank you in advance!

This is the hub I got that died shortly after... this is one is off my list... Someone has to make a GOOD quality hub. Whoever does could sell a good amount in the car audio SQ hobby.

http://img.dxcdn.com/productimages/sku_384144_2.jpg

its not more easy get otg to female usb adapters and an usb hub?

there its more market for those kinds, usb hubs.

its not more easy get otg to female usb adapters and an usb hub?

there its more market for those kinds, usb hubs.

Only issue with those is there is no charging option. I had thought about that and it's ok for temp use but for long term use the ability to charge while using these is ideal.

My truck does have a 120V outlet I could use as well...

Last edited:
check ebay one time ago i was looking something like that i guess now there its availability, something like usb charger station?

some items are very rare to find, i get one month ago an usb switcher usb 3 , it cost me a fortune [$70] but its reliable

Hmmm...do you have some pictures of what you've used and what your setup is like? I think I can help but am having trouble visualizing the setup.

Back