• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Help 6800GT or X800 Pro

Finsta

Gawd
Joined
Oct 9, 2003
Messages
707
Well, it's that time again where I'm looking at a new graphics card. I know that I'll be playing lots of HL2 and possibly some Doom3. If I am to get the X800 Pro, I'm going to get a VIVO one and try the BIOS flash (Preferably HIS) or get a BFG 6800GT, Although I do not know where to get one in Canada. Which one should I take? Specs are in the sig...
 
C4rniV0r i completely agree with you. Just check out one of a million threads dude :cool:
 
Yeah.... especially the DOOM3 benchmark thread... definitely favors the 6800. But ATi's next round of drivers may pull it ahead in terms of performance.
 
One ^ thats PCI witch PCI sucks royal ass. Two x800 looks alot better. If you look at textures and lights you will see a differenace. Three Nivida cards each power like nothing eles. Four go get both these cards AGP and benchmark them. You will see that they will proform very close and depending on settings X800 pro or the 6800 will be ahead. AA and AF at fullest and the X800 pro is wining. When not the 6800 is losing but not by much.
 
pArTy said:
One ^ thats PCI witch PCI sucks royal ass. Two x800 looks alot better. If you look at textures and lights you will see a differenace. Three Nivida cards each power like nothing eles. Four go get both these cards AGP and benchmark them. You will see that they will proform very close and depending on settings X800 pro or the 6800 will be ahead. AA and AF at fullest and the X800 pro is wining. When not the 6800 is losing but not by much.

Well since you obvisouly didn't even look at the review, it has PCI Express AND AGP benchmarks.

Second, the X800's dont look alot better. In fact, the 6800's support FULL Trilinear filtering with no optimizations and the X800's do not. Try going to a few different sites where they compare IQ of the two cards. They say it is equal at the Quality setting which is the highest the X800's support while the 6800's go on up to High Quality.

Third, the power issue is moot unless you have a SFF case or a little weany power supply that you should be upgrading in the first place instead of your video card.

Fourth, at max settings with AA + AF the 6800GT beats the X800Pro in the majority of DX9 games and EVERY FREAKING time in OpenGL games.

Fifth, The 6800's also support new technology like SM 3.0, UltraShadow II Technology, Full FP32 color, and more.

Sixth, nVidia's drivers are also alot better IMO and have better features like Digital Vibrance, CoolBits, Refresh Rate Overrides, Legacy AA support, and the first 16xS AA support for D3D.

Seventh, the 6800GT will also overclock past Ultra performance. The X800Pro WONT because its only a 12 pipeline card.

And lastly, The 6800GT OWNZ the X800Pro's ASS in Doom 3!!!!!!!!!

I can go on but i dont see the need.
 
burningrave101 said:
Well since you obvisouly didn't even look at the review, it has PCI Express AND AGP benchmarks.

Second, the X800's dont look alot better. In fact, the 6800's support FULL Trilinear filtering with no optimizations and the X800's do not. Try going to a few different sites where they compare IQ of the two cards. They say it is equal at the Quality setting which is the highest the X800's support while the 6800's go on up to High Quality.

Third, the power issue is moot unless you have a SFF case or a little weany power supply that you should be upgrading in the first place instead of your video card.

Fourth, at max settings with AA + AF the 6800GT beats the X800Pro in the majority of DX9 games and EVERY FREAKING time in OpenGL games.

Fifth, The 6800's also support new technology like SM 3.0, UltraShadow II Technology, Full FP32 color, and more.

Sixth, nVidia's drivers are also alot better IMO and have better features like Digital Vibrance, CoolBits, Refresh Rate Overrides, Legacy AA support, and the first 16xS AA support for D3D.

Seventh, the 6800GT will also overclock past Ultra performance. The X800Pro WONT because its only a 12 pipeline card.

And lastly, The 6800GT OWNZ the X800Pro's ASS in Doom 3!!!!!!!!!

I can go on but i dont see the need.

I can't think of one single reason to pay $400 for an X800 Pro.
 
Yes, but as I have stated before, I won't be playing Doom3 much but I will be playing HL2.
Is the Gt in my favor?
EDIT: And for those who believe that X800 pros cannot go to XT speeds. Get a VIVO card, then BIOS flash it. I've seen alot of good results from this.
 
Finsta said:
Yes, but as I have stated before, I won't be playing Doom3 much but I will be playing HL2.
Is the Gt in my favor?
EDIT: And for those who believe that X800 pros cannot go to XT speeds. Get a VIVO card, then BIOS flash it. I've seen alot of good results from this.

I personally don't void warranties on $400 pieces of hardware.

If you're not super concerned about Doom3 or other OpenGL titles like the next RTCW or Quake4 etc. then the X800Pro will do quite well for you. But the cards are the same price, so why not get the GT which will match the Pro in all DX9 games including HL2 and BEAT it in OpenGL games?
 
pArTy said:

welcome to middle school. calm down man.

Finsta said:
EDIT: And for those who believe that X800 pros cannot go to XT speeds. Get a VIVO card, then BIOS flash it. I've seen alot of good results from this.

most of the VIVO cards will flash to the XT BIOS which will unlock all 16 pipes. not all cards can handle this and some people have even had to lower their clock speeds after flashing to gain stability.
 
pArTy said:

I dont need to read anything. I've read more reviews then you and your mom put togethor. I could plaster you with 50 reviews right now if i wasn't in the process of updating FireFox where all my bookmarks are stored.

Unlike some people, i base my decision on the cumulative results from all the other hardware sites. And i've already proven that in-game testing with FRAPS is not very accurate because the results are unpredictable and influenced by the AI which is completely controlled by the CPU. Its only games like Far Cry that dont play back the AI interaction with the player that you need to test in-game. Other games like UT2004 play back the AI interaction the same way as it happens in-game and makes the results more static.

Most of the IQ issues that Hard pointed out in that review was the cause of just needing to patch the game. The 6800's have issues in Far Cry that were all fixed in the 1.2 patch. All the other review sites have been looking over screenshots and playing the same games as Hard and they say the 6800's and X800's have the same image quality. And the 6800's will also run full trilinear while the X800's will only run mixed.
 
i was in same boat.
sold my 9800p & was lookin to find a x800p vivo in stock so i could flash bios & get 16 pipes.
i came across all this hoopla of the 6800gt & glad i did. seems to be faster out of the box than the x800p in most games, much faster in ogl, only $400 & not the $450 or so of the x800p vivo's, & i dont have to worry about a flash gone bad.
Now if i could only find a bfg in stock.
 
burningrave101 said:
I dont need to read anything. I've read more reviews then you and your mom put togethor. I could plaster you with 50 reviews right now if i wasn't in the process of updating FireFox where all my bookmarks are stored.

Unlike some people, i base my decision on the cumulative results from all the other hardware sites. And i've already proven that in-game testing with FRAPS is not very accurate because the results are unpredictable and influenced by the AI which is completely controlled by the CPU. Its only games like Far Cry that dont play back the AI interaction with the player that you need to test in-game. Other games like UT2004 play back the AI interaction the same way as it happens in-game and makes the results more static.

Most of the IQ issues that Hard pointed out in that review was the cause of just needing to patch the game. The 6800's have issues in Far Cry that were all fixed in the 1.2 patch. All the other review sites have been looking over screenshots and playing the same games as Hard and they say the 6800's and X800's have the same image quality. And the 6800's will also run full trilinear while the X800's will only run mixed.

Dude...you don't need to lower yourself to his level...everyone knows about the Farcry image quality issues and that they don't matter...if I were you I wouldn't educate people who called me names, I would just let them roll around in their own ignorance...
 
ozziegn said:
will these childish ATi vs. nVidia remarks ever end???

they're both good video cards with each having their good and bad points.

get the one that YOU FEEL IS BEST and forget whatever else anyone has to say.

They will never end. I know this because more retards are being born every minute. So the problem isn't video cards, it's allowing retards to breed.
 
^eMpTy^ said:
They will never end. I know this because more retards are being born every minute. So the problem isn't video cards, it's allowing retards to breed.

Yeah, that should be fixed. Hell, we already spay and neuter cats :p
 
^eMpTy^ said:
They will never end. I know this because more retards are being born every minute. So the problem isn't video cards, it's allowing retards to breed.

Disclaimer: The following is off-topic. But then again, this thread wasn't doing anything but beating the dead horse anyway. ;)

Many people with below-average or even average IQ's are having kids by age 20, while many intelligent people wait until they are 30 or more. So, intelligence is clearly not adaptive, as the stupid are out-breeding the smart by 33%. However... on average, stupid people die a lot quicker, too. The average lifespan of an idiot must surely be at least 10 years shorter than the average smart person's. So, are we doomed, or are we just Doom3'ed? :cool:

-SEAL
 
^eMpTy^ said:
They will never end. I know this because more retards are being born every minute. So the problem isn't video cards, it's allowing retards to breed.

Thats pretty funny lol. :D
 
SEALTeamSix said:
Disclaimer: The following is off-topic. But then again, this thread wasn't doing anything but beating the dead horse anyway. ;)

Many people with below-average or even average IQ's are having kids by age 20, while many intelligent people wait until they are 30 or more. So, intelligence is clearly not adaptive, as the stupid are out-breeding the smart by 33%. However... on average, stupid people die a lot quicker, too. The average lifespan of an idiot must surely be at least 10 years shorter than the average smart person's. So, are we doomed, or are we just Doom3'ed? :cool:

-SEAL

hahahah! Nice.
 
Where's a supersoaker filled with gasoline when you need one. B/c you're begging for a flame war, mostly on yourself for asking such a question. There's so many threads on it already.... considering using the search function.... or reading the flame war raging on the Doom3 benchies.

But for your answer: 6800GT
 
stumpy said:
Yeah.... especially the DOOM3 benchmark thread... definitely favors the 6800. But ATi's next round of drivers may pull it ahead in terms of performance.

Thats a lie. They won't come close, but it will help the x800 series a bit.
 
Back
Top