Help!! $360!! What To Do!!

legcramp

[H]F Junkie
2FA
Joined
Aug 16, 2004
Messages
12,439
OK you see i just sold my 9800xt for $325 and i got my money to add up which amounts to $360. I want to get a 6800gt at best buy/compusa, but i don't have enough money? Are thier any other videocards i can get for $360? Wait till the GT prices go down? Or get the vanilla version? Or save up for the dang GT?

O yeh and here are my specs? am i gonna have any problems running the gt because i heard that they can be cpu limited...

64 3200+@2.2ghz
1 gig ocz pc3200 ram @ 440mhz
 
Patience. You'll be able to get a 6800gt soon at that price. Just wait for it. There's nothing else in that price range that is as good at the moment.

Keep your eyes peeled for deals. I got mine for $345, but that particular deal is gone now.
 
I'd just wait until the next generation of cards comes out. The 9800 XT is still a good card.
 
kick@ss said:
I'd just wait until the next generation of cards comes out. The 9800 XT is still a good card.

he's already sold it. i'd say either get a used gt for ~$360 or save up/wait till you have enough for a new one.
 
popgoestheweasel said:
You could go with an eVGA 6800nu and then trade up when you have the dollars to do so.

that's a good idea. if you can get the extra $100 within 90 days for the step-up this might be you best answer.
 
maxxo said:
he's already sold it. i'd say either get a used gt for ~$360 or save up/wait till you have enough for a new one.
Ah I missed that part when I read it.

In that case, your best choice is to save up for the 6800 GT.
 
save a little longer.... the price will probably meet you halfway.

The price is currently $400. In another month the price will probably be $390...a month after probably $380. I'm sure you can save $20-40 before then.

It will be worth it. Especially considering you got $325 for your old videocard... for only $75 more you're getting an AWESOME card.

P.S. Here's one in the FS forums for $380 http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=796001&highlight=6800
 
Definately get a 6800 GT if you can wait or come up with another $40.

Newegg as a eVGA 6800GT for $399 with free shipping to the lower 48. They charge sale tax for TN,CA,NJ though, else your total cost to your door would be
$399. Plus it comes with a copy of FarCry, which u might be able to sell if you already have it to help off set the extra $39 you needed to buy this particular GT.
 
Save man, save. Donate blood, sell something, or dont go out and eat for 1 night...
 
Wow you guys are extremely fortunate. Anything I buy will have a 15 cent tax to the dollar.

$399 item would be $460 here.

:(
 
ok u guys i am gonna save up for the gt... thnx alot and about the trade up thing with the NU then when i have the money get the GT.. how will i go about doing this? stores i probably will be getting this from are BB and compusa.

O yah and to the guy who asked who i sold my 9800xt to? I put it on an ad in the recycler and the guy who bought it thinks my 9800xt is still worth $500 ;) .
 
Give it to me...having money burning a hole in your pocket and too many choices is bad for your mental health. I'm only trying to help a brotha out. ;)
 
Back
Top