• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Help 3.2 heat sink

Joined
Nov 25, 2003
Messages
62
Hi, I am noob.. and an idiot .. I ordered the OEM for a 3.2 P4 .. I thought I ordered the Retail.. so now here I am with no heatsink or fan that would come with cpu.. Can I use my old heatsink and fan from my 2.53 P4 that I'm replacing? Does anyone know where I can get a Intel Heatsink and fan for it?
 
The p4c 3.0 & 3.2 chips comes with a beefier heatsink with a copper core. It's different than the aluminum ones used on lower speed p4's. You could try posting in the for sale forum and see if anybody has a p4 3.0 (or 3.2) HSF that you could buy. Or just get a new one from newegg:
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=35-118-109&depa=0
http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductDesc.asp?description=35-109-012&depa=0
The second one listed will need a fan to go along with it. They are both very good HSF's.
 
You can use it till you get something better, No overclocking though.
 
Back
Top