• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Hello, Decided to WC a SFFS, Help.

TheBlueChanell

Supreme [H]ardness
2FA
Joined
Apr 15, 2005
Messages
4,658
I've decided to get into small form factor. I would like to wc it, because silence is key. I really don't care about oc'ing seeing as how it sff and most matx mobo's oc for shit. I just would like a silent wc'ing kit. I heard swifttech's were good. I don't need anything dangerden, because I'm not oc'ing. The case I'm going to be using is.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?item=N82E16811163050
 
You have very small case so swiftech rad box for external mounting would be a good choice for you, silence is the key then single 120mm rad w/ single low fan or two for push n' pull configuration, if two fans still too loud for ya then take one off
 
Actually I rethought the DD thing and I was thinking about this.

Black Ice Micro
Maze 4 Acetyl LowProfile
Mag 12v Pump
DD High Density Reservoir
Swiftech Storm Extreme
Tygon Tubing
Non-Conductive Sol.

Well, what do you think. And I might throw a Antec Phantom PSU in there. It doesn't need to be dead silent obvioulsy because of the 80mm fan. But quiet enough.
 
People are having a bunch of luck using one of these or these in the SFF cases.

pretty sweet & EZ. you could splice a GPU block into the loop w/o any problems.
 
Your gonna want something more than that BI Micro radiator. Those things are really quite terrible. They are as thick as a BI Extreme radiator and have a really fine fin design. Gonna need a screamer of a 80mm fan to push enough decent air through it. If you want your WCing system to be of the 3/8" tubing style, I recommend the new Swiftech MCR120 radiator as it is designed with 3/8" tubing on mind. The radiator has built-in 3/8" barbs and is designed to work great with low to medium powered fans. Pop a nexus fan on that puppy and you'd be golden. Mount the radiator either on the sides or the top as mounting the radiator on the back of the case would be tricky.
The DD Mag pump is a good choice as it has plenty of head and is about as tiny as they get. Personally I would ditch the idea of the DD resevoir and just do a t-line in its place. Its just easier to work around and you may find something you'd want in your 5.25 bay instead of a hunk of plastic filled with water. Anyways, I hope this helps a little or at least gives ya somethin to think about. :)
 
fore1337 said:
People are having a bunch of luck using one of these or these in the SFF cases.

pretty sweet & EZ. you could splice a GPU block into the loop w/o any problems.
Your not supposed to splice into the Aquagate Mini's as they are a sealed unit and your warrenty is void if you do so. Besides, I don't think the tiny pump on that unit has enough head for anything more than what is included in the kit.
 
autobot said:
Your not supposed to splice into the Aquagate Mini's as they are a sealed unit and your warrenty is void if you do so. Besides, I don't think the tiny pump on that unit has enough head for anything more than what is included in the kit.
You're in a WC forum talking about voiding warranties? ROFL

re: topic
okay, That Silverstone allows for a bit more room than a shuttle etc. I'd go for a qpack - DDen route myself. ..but if you're not OCing wth?

Have you checked out the SFF Area? There are a few interesting WC projects going on over there.
 
fore1337 said:
You're in a WC forum talking about voiding warranties? ROFL

re: topic
okay, That Silverstone allows for a bit more room than a shuttle etc. I'd go for a qpack - DDen route myself. ..but if you're not OCing wth?

Have you checked out the SFF Area? There are a few interesting WC projects going on over there.

yuck, personally the qpack is the equivalent of a Tt rice machine going up against that sleek Silverstone?

As to watercooling, one thing you should check is the clearance for the video card. If the vid card slot is on the outside of the motherboard you can sometimes run into clearance problems. I know that shuttles have 20mm of clearance for a video card block, the low profile maze4 is 25mm deep...
 
OOhhh....
I really like that case. I've been pondering doing a setup in something like that myself.
If you are willing to bust out the dremel...that has a lot of potential. I'd need to see one in person before I laid out what would go in it. BUT: 3/8" tubing with a DDC pump would work pretty nicely. Couple that with a Storm block (looks to fit, if not, get something smaller), a fillport, and your choice of rads, and you'll be set.

As for mounting a rad, I'd have to see a case in person to get an idea of what could be made to clear. Odds are, a dremel will become your best friend on this project.

If you can post pics of the interior, with a 120mm fan around for reference, that'd help ALL of us out a lot in making recommendations.

-Ghent
 
Here's all you need to have a space saving SFF system, just throw in the GPU block of choice. You can't get any simpler than this.................. :eek:

It's also one of Swifties now radiators.
H20-120-FK-R3b.gif


http://www.swiftnets.com/products/h20-120-R3a-0.asp
 
autobot said:
Your gonna want something more than that BI Micro radiator. Those things are really quite terrible. They are as thick as a BI Extreme radiator and have a really fine fin design. Gonna need a screamer of a 80mm fan to push enough decent air through it.]QUOTE]
Agree to disagree, i use one in my shuttle and with one 80mm fan i get more than decent temps
 
Bio-Haz:
The only reason I didn't recommend that kit was I was unsure of his status as far as 5 1/4" bays, as well as the internal clearance of the fan/rad. I know you can external mount that, but I can't see a way to do such in a clean manner.

Also, you might want to see about a Storm Block, it's a touch on the tall side, but som creative tube routings/90 degree elbows might come to save you there.

-Ghent
 
Back
Top