Hellgate ... the Deus Ex Killer?

bonkrowave

2[H]4U
I just read a rather interesting article about flagship studios new RPG/FPS ??? called Hellgate.

Article

EDIT: well that blows I have viewed that article 4 or 5 times, and now it wants me to register. Sorry guys.
EDIT2: Well I tried clicking again and it bypassed registraion .... Click at your own peril I guess.

There are a whole slew of interesting features, such as full weapon customisation, randomly generated waepon drops, randomly generated events, even the true 3d world is generated randomly every time.

This looks like a title to keep an eye on. Former Blizzard employee Bill Roper is heading up this project, best known for his work on Diablo, warcraft, and world of warcraft.

Hopefully this will be the next deux ex ... and I dont mean crappy invisible war.

this looks very interesting. randomly generated games are cool.

sounds like they were playing too much guild wars, though, what with instancing and all. they are also going to use the guild wars server model, i think. i just hope they get enough servers in there.

i could view the article fine, but the screenshot wanted registration... eh. i'll wait for other coverage.

Sounds awesome, I can't wait to try it out.

Deux Ex, but more Diablo like. I think I can like that.

basically, if you didnt know of HG:London already youre a noob :p

but seriously, yeah this is gonna be diablo 3. Flagship = Blizzard North = best game company ever. Get ready for one of the best games of all time

Seeing as Deus Ex is several years old now, and i doubt many people are still playing it... yeah, i don't think it'll be hard to 'kill' Deus Ex.

moralpanic said:
Seeing as Deus Ex is several years old now, and i doubt many people are still playing it... yeah, i don't think it'll be hard to 'kill' Deus Ex.

He means a game that is like Deus Ex, but better. The gameplay is what made Deux Ex a very popular game, an FPS/RPG. And nothing has come along to do it better yet

I still can't see all the hype about comparing it to Diablo. I think comparing it to Deus ex is lot more accurate. It might be a good game. but it will probably be a let down to the hype.

Troney1169 said:
I still can't see all the hype about comparing it to Diablo. I think comparing it to Deus ex is lot more accurate. It might be a good game. but it will probably be a let down to the hype.

Where all have you read "hype" about the game? Aside from the PCG article and a few online things, I haven't really seen it in the media very much. As for comparing it to Diablo, if you've played Diablo I/II, and read the article, you'll immediately see the paralells.

I don't think it will end up much like Deus Ex. Whereas in Deus Ex you had several ways to finish a level (stealth, computers, run/gun) this game seems to be about choosing which way you're going to slaughter everything aka. D2. Still cool, looking foward to it.

Back