• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Heatsinks for P4s

BillLeeLee

[H]F Junkie
Joined
Jul 2, 2003
Messages
13,486
Hi, I've seen multiple threads kind of like this, but I already know that the Thermalright SP94 and SLK series are probably the top HS for socket 478.

My question is: what's the best P4 HS/HSF that just fits into the socket 478. I don't want to remove the mobo and pop out the 4 retention pins to install the heatsinks.

I know I know, what kind of person am I...A lazy one, that's what.

So please help, thanks. :)

By the way, I use a P4 2.4C (well, hopefully, I just RMAed one).
 
the zalman 7000 mounts with brakets to the normal p4 hsf renetion bracket. and it works great, here is a pic of it in one of my workstations.

zalman7000cu_upgrade.JPG



note i have a new case, but no photos of it yet.
 
i have an sp94 and its a beast. I ran my 3.0 without a fan on it to try it out and it stayed cool at idle. I have my 3.0 up to 3.6 and the highest temp i have seen so far is 42*C
 
I use a Aero 7 From Cooler Master It's alot cheaper then the Zalman But is still worth looking at.

23C System
32C Idel
38C Full load

RIG:
Abit IC7-MAX3
P4 2.6c HT @ 3.2
Aero 7 AS 3 + 5 80mm Case fans
1 Gb Corsair PC4000 Pro
Ati Sapphire Radeon 9800XT
 
Get the 7000ALCU

Its lighter that the CU and the performance diffrence is negligable
 
Definitely go for the Zalman 7000. It's so easy to install, just two screws to tighten and you're set. Nice and quiet while overclocking.
 
Back
Top