• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Heatsink

Brontos

n00b
Joined
May 3, 2009
Messages
3
Hello,

Obviously I'm pretty new here, but my friend JayP hooked me up some used gear from these forums, and I'm building my first i7 system (not my first ever system :p)

However, I'm a careful sort, and I just wanted to make sure -
When I took a sticker off the end of a heatsink (the Dark Knight) that said please remove, some of the sticky stuff remained.

Can I remove this with Goo Gone or some other chemical without damaging the heatsink? If no, what else can I use. If yes, is there any special procedure I need to go through to avoid extra cleaning material been on the heatsink at first boot?

Many Thanks,

Brontos
 
Yes you can use it, the HS is just metal, however it is best to use some alcohol to remove the residue from it.
 
High percentage isopropyl alcohol. If you find your self removing TIM often, this ArctiClean kit is worth the money.
 
Back
Top