• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Heatsink

Never saw that HSF before, but looks like it'll do a good job in cooling the cpu. It has an unusual 100mm fan and has 112mm diameter, so if your cpu socket is too close to the edge of the motherboard, it could hit the side of the case, but I think you should be OK with that mobo.
 
Thank for reply. I didn't realize they are that big. Is there any smaller heatsink, since I want to use all four memory slot?
 
According to ThermalTake's web site, Blue orb II doesn't support socket AM2.
 
You need to get hold of the Thermaltake Ruby Red orb which is AM2.

Found this out after hours of sitting on Google :(
 
IT DOES support AM2. Take a look at pages 10-11 in the "The OFFICIAL post pics of your SFF thread..."
 
I'm anxiously awaiting my blue orb hoping that it has the AM2 hardware. I did find this: http://www.mittoni.com.au/thermaltake-am2-clip-for-blue-orb-ii-p-2423.html

but I haven't found a US place that stocks anything similar. hopefully new egg does me right, but there are AM2 adapters out there if you buy one used or something:)

EDIT: just got mine from new egg. notice the upper right corner:

33wbdol.jpg
 
Another decent option is the old stock 939 Opteron and Dual Core X2 heatsink. It can handle a 125 watt heat load so it should handle this 65 watt Brisbane chip.:D It seems to a good job on my 65nm X2 3600. I don't know my real temps because Abit's to lazy to update the bios to read the temp correctly.
 
Another decent option is the old stock 939 Opteron and Dual Core X2 heatsink. It can handle a 125 watt heat load so it should handle this 65 watt Brisbane chip.:D It seems to a good job on my 65nm X2 3600. I don't know my real temps because Abit's to lazy to update the bios to read the temp correctly.
That was probably the best stock cooler ever created, especially for the size! What are they shipping them with now?
 
umm Its over at frosty tech. Its similar to the first Heat piped version that came with the FX-55 when it first came out. But it uses a 70mm fan.
 
IT DOES support AM2. Take a look at pages 10-11 in the "The OFFICIAL post pics of your SFF thread..."

Okay okay keep your [H] on ;) :D

I was only going from my personal experience which was that they didn't as I tried two of them and neither of them would fit properly. The older versions of the Blue Orb II didn't support AM2 though which is probably what I had and was old stock.

Doesn't matter as they both fit now :) Still lovin the Red Orb tho
 
Back
Top