• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Heatsink question

Leaderz0rz

n00b
Joined
Dec 19, 2006
Messages
47
Hey, I am putting my heatsink on my CPU atm and when I took the plastic film tab off from the bottom of the heatsink it left sticky residue on it. What is the best way to remove that?
I have a Xigmatek S1283
 
Yeah the sticky residue is the glue left over as he said just use the alcohol. On a side note for the anal-retentive, you can use 99% Isopropyl as it contains less conditioners which mean less residue but Ive never had a problem with the reg stuff.
 
also I had another question, I have read that with my xigmatek heatsink that I should only put 3 small strips of paste on the copper tubes on the bottom of the heatsink. I have also read that you should just put a link down the middle of the processor where the core is. Finally I have read you should just put a think layer on top of the whole processor. Which do you guys think is the best method?
 
Use the benchmarkreviews.com way. When it comes to thermal paste I have always been told less is more. So, don't over do it. Good luck on your new build, I am so jealous.
 
Back
Top