• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Heatsink for Icore 5

jhodach

Limp Gawd
Joined
Sep 6, 2009
Messages
274
Need something to cool my upcoming Core i5 purchase. Looking for something relatively cheap (40 or less), easy enough to install and quiet. Not looking for dead silence but want it quiet. Won't overclock TOO much but might do a small bump. I can't really find anything out there for this chipset yet? Any help?
 
Last edited:
lol thanks for that. I was in a rush and made a mistake. That was the one heatsink I could find but all I read was how much of a pain it was to install. Any thoughts?
 
lol thanks for that. I was in a rush and made a mistake. That was the one heatsink I could find but all I read was how much of a pain it was to install. Any thoughts?
Not hard at all. The included instruction might be a bit convoluted. But if anyone has any common sense, it's easy to see what part goes where and how it's put together.
 
Not hard at all. The included instruction might be a bit convoluted. But if anyone has any common sense, it's easy to see what part goes where and how it's put together.
Agreed, the instructions on paper aren't so clear but it's not too difficult to figure out. Pull the screws/spring up to move them to the middle slot for 1156. Twist the studs as you thread them through the backplate because there is a flat spot on the screw thread to allow it to fit.

I run 2 boxes with the Hyper 212, its a great heatsink, worth every penny.
Yeah, short of the $70-80 heatsinks, it's hard to do better than the Hyper 212+ for $25 (was on sale at MicroCenter. $30 normally)
 
Back
Top