Heatsink compound Type 44

steeltoe

Limp Gawd
Joined
Aug 15, 2004
Messages
168
It's old but the info is solid. I bought a tub of Type 44 in 2001 and I still have enough for me and all my friends for the rest of our lives. This might be the only [H] heatsink compound review. At the time we only had the listed vendor to find the stuff but it's available all over now. FWIW I gave away my Arctic Silver and kept the Type 44. Meets Bellcore Spec. KS21334 and Mil.Spec. C-47113. Whatever that means. This is not to say AS is not good. This is to say Type 44 is just as good, cheaper, easier to apply and remove, poses no risk to components.
 
How does it compare to Ceramique and AS5? there have been more advances from Artic Silver since 2001, also the link from that review for the type44 is Object Not Found
 
I don't know if there are any more recent reviews. I do know Directron now carries the stuff or you can find it plentiful through Google.

This may be the only review of compounds in the history of [H]. I was compelled to post it after reading so many threads of a degree difference here and there. I wholly agree with the opinion expressed and from other reviews showing little to no difference in compounds. Over the years I've yet to see any wondrous advance expect for nice ads for compounds. Maybe [H] will revisit the topic. Still, viewing the output by watts of the CPU used (90) it is easy to extrapolate what one can expect with a recent CPU.
 
Back
Top