• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Heatsink backplate removal tip

Jinto

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Aug 10, 2006
Messages
1,844
Not sure if this was mentioned before. People usually suggest a hair dryer. Use a LAMP. On my spare board I had a Tuniq and I wanted to remove it. I do not have a hair dryer (I am in college lol, doubt anyone on my floor has a hair dryer :rolleyes::p). Anyway I was scratching my hair out as the backplate is nearly impossible to remove without heating it up and thought to give my desk lamp a try. Worked great thought I'd share as it is much faster than a hair dryer and you can just leave it on do something else and voila it is off. Of course the best idea is to not put on the adhesive.
 
Back
Top