• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

heating problems with 3500+

sarconus

n00b
Joined
Jan 21, 2005
Messages
26
I am having some strange heating problems with my cpu.

I have the msi neo4 platnium sli MB with OEM 3500+.

I currently am running at 2750 and im running at 46c on idle and 56 on full load. I ran prime 95 for 8 hours and had not problems. This is stock voltage as well.

I unclocked my system and im still running the same temp. Im using cpufan utility and it displayed the same temp.

I am using the xp-90 with 92mm fan on top with artic silver. I have reseated the heatsink 2 times and i get the same result every time.

Any suggestions or is this normal?
 
Normal, motherboard sensors aren't perfect. Also, how is your airflow?

As long as everything is stable, and you get consistant results and a decent OC, what more do you want :)
 
Back
Top