Hello Hardforum.
For around a year I have had a Sapphire 4870x2 card and I have had issues with it from the start. Problem is that after longer sessions of gaming the computer simply crashes. I have attempted driver updates, but it makes no difference. When I monitor the heat on the card I can see the load temperature is around 95 degrees Celsius. I have used rivatuner to increase the fan rpm to 5200, and it does allow me to play longer, but it still crashes after around 30 – 60 minutes.
It is placed in a Dell XPS 730. To test if it was another component there was the problem I replaced the graphic card with an older nvidia card I had lying around and there has been no problems. However it is a huge performance loss so I would rather try and get my card working.
I have considered replacing the cooler, but with the fan at 5200 rpm the card never gets above 70 degrees, so maybe heat is not the issue?
Tomorrow I will visit a friend of mine who has a brand new computer. We will replace his Geforce 285 with my card and see if the same thing happens after a few hours of crysis. This at least will tell me if the problem is with the graphic card.
Any is help appreciated. Thanks in advance. Also, my first post on this forum so if I am doing something wrong let me know 
For around a year I have had a Sapphire 4870x2 card and I have had issues with it from the start. Problem is that after longer sessions of gaming the computer simply crashes. I have attempted driver updates, but it makes no difference. When I monitor the heat on the card I can see the load temperature is around 95 degrees Celsius. I have used rivatuner to increase the fan rpm to 5200, and it does allow me to play longer, but it still crashes after around 30 – 60 minutes.
It is placed in a Dell XPS 730. To test if it was another component there was the problem I replaced the graphic card with an older nvidia card I had lying around and there has been no problems. However it is a huge performance loss so I would rather try and get my card working.
I have considered replacing the cooler, but with the fan at 5200 rpm the card never gets above 70 degrees, so maybe heat is not the issue?
Tomorrow I will visit a friend of mine who has a brand new computer. We will replace his Geforce 285 with my card and see if the same thing happens after a few hours of crysis. This at least will tell me if the problem is with the graphic card.
Any is help appreciated. Thanks in advance. Also, my first post on this forum so if I am doing something wrong let me know 