• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Heater cores

Xero

n00b
Joined
Feb 6, 2004
Messages
4
Okay I posted a few days ago asking about radiators, and you all suggested getting a heater core from a beater. Which cars should I look for to find the best size for fit, I kinda wanted to be around the 120mm size, because with my huge pump its not leaving much room. thanks again.
 
One from a Chevy Chevette (any year) will be easy to find, cheap, and is slightly bigger than a 120mm fan. I think the dimensions are about 5x6", not including the tanks on the top and bottom. DOn't pull it out of a beater, get a new one from an autoparts store.
 
I got one from a Cavilier (or however Chevy spells that cars name) for $15/shipped. It's about 10inches long, 6 inches high, and 3 inches thick. Nice little getup. Perfect for a dual 120mm setup.

The Ford Mustang heatercore is also about the same size, or so I've been told. After I got it, someone I know told me he had a Mustang one (brand new) sitting in a box in his garage. Damn missed-freebie :(
 
chevette and dtek procore are 1 and the same...and perform the best. I bought the procore myself...waiting on my cascade
 
Back
Top